Salsa > Snow

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by BrookeErin, Dec 22, 2004.

1. randomMysh

randomMysh New Member

really? i've lived in cold places all my life (my current geographical position is the warmest so far!) and you'd think i'd get used to it.....but nooooooooo! it's only january and i can't wait for spring. you know that one week or so when the buds on the trees are just starting to unfold and everything looks like it is covered in a shimmery green gauze? amazing!
    of course, that has to be the pre-finals time, so i never get to enjoy it.
    next year when i'll be all nice and graduated, i'll take a vacation then and just go walk in the woods. :)

2. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

There are reports of big snow storm coming to the Boston area Saturday and into Sunday. Guess I better get in some dancing tonight! :D

3. ReneeJoan

ReneeJoan New Member

And I heard on the news last night that it's supposed to start raining again here, too. Better get those webbed feet back out again.

I'm glad I never got around to turning all those animals loose after all (I went dancing and forgot about them). And what did I do with my cubit rule . . . .

Renee

4. Beto

Beto Active Member

We're expecting some serious snow to wallop the area tomorrow and Sunday so I think a LOT of people are going to be out dancing tonight to get their fix in.

5. tj

tj New Member

Welcome to DF, Beto. I heard it's 4-6". That'll totally shut down the area.

Of course, youngsta and delamusica are probably laughing, as Denver got hit with 4' of snow back in 2002. Now *that* was a storm!

6. DancePoet

I heard one forcaster predicting up to 24" in Boston area, depending on how the front comes through. This means New England is going to get hit hard somewhere. :)

7. tj

tj New Member

Should make for an interesting football game over in Pittsburgh and Philly!

8. DancePoet

Yep, but I suspect they'll have the fields cleared by game time since the storm seems to be moving off shore now quickly here in New England.

9. jamaicanspice

jamaicanspice New Member

I am SOOOOOOO vexed!!! :evil: :evil: can you beleive ALL THAT SNOW decided to hit AFTER I left New York!!!!! :x :x :x :x

10. Chris Stratton

Chris Stratton New Member

Oh, go crawl inside an ice cream truck freezer for a few minutes and you'll be cured.

11. jenibelle

jenibelle New Member

I was just frolicking in the snow...yay Boston :D

12. DancePoet

If you are refering to New York City, it might be nicer to experience snow in the country. :D

Although I saw pictures of folks skiing in Central Park and it looked pretty!

13. jamaicanspice

jamaicanspice New Member

I am back in BRIGHT AND SUNNY JAMAICA!!! I WANTED SNOW!!!!!!!! :cry:

8) 8) :D

14. DancePoet

No "frolicking" for me today, but that sounds like fun! :D

15. jamaicanspice

jamaicanspice New Member

funny you should suggest that :D they have the A/C so high in office building PLUS we've been getting some freakishly cold nights (and I work nights) that as of tomorrow I will have to start walking with the winter coat I bought when I was in New York :D :D and believe it or not I would have loved to be there to see allllll that snow fall.....it would have been my first true snow experience......the night it snowed when I was there no longer counts as it didn't even stay long enough on the ground....but one day.......ONE DAY!!! I shall see it in ALLLLLL its glory :D

16. jamaicanspice

jamaicanspice New Member

oh pish posh!! :cry: no fair!! :(

17. DancePoet

Ya need to plan a trip afta we have a big Nor'Easta! ;)

18. DancePoet

It's a winter wonderland right now and will be for the next week with temparture's expected to be below freezing all week!

Course by the end of March everyone will have had enough of this weather, and some folks don't like it now.

19. Chris Stratton

Chris Stratton New Member

If you ask real nice, I'll let you experience shoveling out my car for the low, low, rate of only $4.99 Act now and get a freezer container to take a commemorative sample of your first snow home with you!

(and yes, it's insane to have a car in NY city... but I don't want to get rid of it until I'm sure I'll have a job that's actually in the city or otherwise accessable)

20. DancePoet

Keep the car. It will be usuful to get out of the city occasionally. :)

And if I'm in NY City visiting, I'll help you shovel for free. :)

Which reminds me, isn't there an NDCA event down your way soon?