Salsa > Snow

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by BrookeErin, Dec 22, 2004.

1. Chris Stratton

Chris Stratton New Member

It's probably cheaper to rent one a weekend per month or so. Though I should check what the rates are here before I act on that assumption.

The upcomming NDCA comp down here that I'm aware of is in Stamford, CT... which is enough of a suburb to be on the train. Still, I'm unlikely to go for reasons that are more preparation-(im)practical than political or location related.

2. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

Yep, I might not be able to make this either. My comp aprtner can't commit because of two family members having major health issues, and my instructor is pregnant, and won't be able to do Pro/Am. Not sure what I'm going to do.

Isn't there another one in NY itself sometime between now and Yankee in June?

3. Chris Stratton

Looking through the NDCA calendar, in February there's the ISTD's Easter US Champs down in NJ, and then Ed Simon's New York Dance Festival here. In March there's another comp in Stamford, in April another somewhere "a 40 minute train ride" from the city.

4. DancePoet

Sounds like we are way off topic. :lol:

Salsa in the snow!

There we go ... maybe that puts us back on? ;) :lol:

5. jamaicanspice

jamaicanspice New Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

6. jamaicanspice

jamaicanspice New Member

is that an invitation :D

7. DancePoet

Maybe if you showed me some salsa in the snow? ;)

8. jamaicanspice

jamaicanspice New Member

then you have a date my friend :lol: I've always wanted to know what it would feel like to dance in the snow :lol: :lol: :wink:

9. DancePoet

Well ... finally a date with a DFer! Involving dancing in the snow!

Warning ... I know some mambo, but I'll need some lessons in converting this to Salsa. ;) :lol:

But if we are talking Waltz, or Foxtrot, or Tango ... ooh la la!

10. Chris Stratton

Probably less slippery than the floor at a recent competition!

11. jamaicanspice

jamaicanspice New Member

well that's great!! because I don't know any mambo so we can teach each other :D as for the waltz, the foxtrot, the tango??? oh la la is RIGHT!!! :D :D

12. alemana

alemana New Member

goddAMN i needed some salsa this evening, but couldn't propel myself to my regular sunday spot. it was just too cold, and i'd already been dancing all afternoon (latin) in spite of a week-old cold.

i miss it already. wah.

13. DancePoet

Looks like we are back on topic.

But Salsa can be done just as easily at home while the snow is falling outside and a warm fire is burning, soup is on the stove, and music is in the air! :)

14. tj

tj New Member

Personally, I'm missing a few key ingredients when I'm snowed in at home... :wink:

15. alemana

alemana New Member

yeah, i spent many months dancing in my living room before i was good enough to hit the clubs with any success.... i'm over that. i need a roomful of sweat-covered people and a booming sound system at least once a week, or i start to get antsy.

16. DancePoet

Well ... if you are trying to do this by yourself, I'd say you are missing the most important ingredient. ;)

17. jamaicanspice

jamaicanspice New Member

and what is that??

18. tj

tj New Member

A wonderful partner of course!

19. DancePoet

Ok ... now I have a good reason to use one of these :arrow: :doh:

20. jamaicanspice

jamaicanspice New Member

of course :wink: 8)