General Dance Discussion > So ... how was your dance weekend?

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by pygmalion, May 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

I so wanted to go to that dance camp...but my boss had other plans :(

2. RIdancer82

RIdancer82 New Member

Oh, that's too bad!!! I got sooo much good info at it, it was sooo worth it. But they run their dance camps periodically, don't they? It seems like that had one not too long ago too.

3. mamboqueen

I think this is their 2nd one; but they haven't been around very long either. Next time I'll be sure to make it at least on one day. Were you there when Darren and Lilya were there? I made it for that...although I was in major pain because I was in a car accident a few days before that. Just had to suck it up for that one...

4. RIdancer82

RIdancer82 New Member

No, I missed that one..... I forgot about it until it was too late to get the time off from work :(

...understand about sucking it up on the pain factor, that was me all day today

5. mamboqueen

Well, get a good night's rest....or a few. Be good to the body and it'll reciprocate ;)

6. africana

africana New Member

had a great weekend :D two socials friday and sunday!
    man I'm frustrated that my friend succeeded in making feel self-conscious about this top instructor/pro who always asks me (and not really any other women) to dance. now I've become a tad nervous dancing with him second-guessing why the hell he likes dancing with me so much. i wish i could give my freind a good flogging grrrrr
    ok no biggie, it's just that this pro is too awesome for words, i feel flattered, somewhat unworthy i guess. Maybe next time I'll ask him before he asks me so I feel more in charge :p

ah well, good week of vacation dancing, prepping to attend a congress in boston next week :p and then the vacation ends :(

7. alemana

alemana New Member

i took the weekend off. my body is freaking killing me.

8. SuzieQ

SuzieQ New Member

I had a good weekend, class and party on Friday night; no ballet class on Saturday but a good practice with my husband on Saturday afternoon, then a great 2-hour lesson with our instructor on Sunday afternoon (getting ready for a competition this weekend!!!) Lots of hard work, but it's coming together and starting to feel like we can do this!

9. mamboqueen

Where's the comp?

And -- good luck!

10. luh

luh Active Member

very mixed. had some really good dances, but most dances were just good not awesome.

on friday we'll meet and watch hellzapoppin' at my house - really looking forward to it. almost like a little bday party for my 18th (on thursday). (here it's usual to have a big party at the 18th, because you can drive (cars), drink all alcoholic beverages legal,...) - but this will just be a small party.

luh

11. mamboqueen

Drinking and driving all at the same time...every mother's nightmare!

Well, I don't think I'll be around to say it on Thursday, so I'll say it now:

Happy Birthday, Luh! Wish you all the best!

12. luh

luh Active Member

I'll come back to this post on thursday, thx :D
    luh

13. mamboqueen

ehhh...you'll have your very own birthday thread in Dancers Anonymous by then... :)

14. Sabor

Sabor New Member

i got refused by a beginner! lol

how can she refuse moi?? i mean like howww?.. even i can't refuse me! LMAO

15. SuzieQ

SuzieQ New Member

Thanks! We compete in C&W--the comp is in Ft. Worth. This will be our first time competing together. ( I also do pro-am)

16. mamboqueen

WEll, all the best to you, SuzieQ. I have a special affinity for your name here -- I use it on other websites as a "handle" on occasion. Hopefully, I won't embarrass you somewhere with it!

Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy yourselves!

17. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

You obviously intimidated her. You flirt.

Twilight Elena

18. africana

africana New Member

lol refusal is good for da soul, your soul i mean :p yeah i'm sure you were just too much for her, tho i can't remember the last time a beginner said no bwaha!

19. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Sometimes newbies are intimidated, I think.

20. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

This saturday there's a Latin comp I'm going to go watch. First comp I'm gonna watch EVER! :D 3 competing couples are teachers from our franchise, and they're brilliant. I'm rooting for my teacher's teacher, she's incredible as a dancer, a teacher (her knowledge is amazing) and a person.

Twilight Elena

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.