Dancers Anonymous > So why *did* the chicken cross the road?

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by SDsalsaguy, Jul 18, 2004.

1. elisedance

elisedance New Member

yes, I mean whats the odds of doing it that many times without being hit by a car - and being carried home as edible roadkill....

Why did the chicken cross the road? It was just too far to get there going the opposite direction.....

2. pr

pr New Member

Why did the chicken cross the road?

:idea: Because he wasn't chicken lol :p

3. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

Why did the chicken cross the road?

For a zen chicken the concpet of 'road' includes 'non-road' and the introduction of differerentiation: what is the difference between a dead chicken on the road and a dead saxophonist: A: there are skids marks in front of the chicken.

Two saxophonists are watching a chicken cross the road; the question for them is not 'why' but ' how would Coltrane have done it'

4. jwlinson

jwlinson Member

If he was attempting to cross the road in the Matrix, he must first realize there is no road.

5. elisedance

elisedance New Member

It is written that the chicken came yea before the road: he died 10,000 years ago and is fossilized 100 meters below the earth's surface. And so it came to be that with the interstate building program in the post war years, the road actually crossed the chicken.

6. jwlinson

jwlinson Member

And forevermore the road was haunted by the ghost of one very upset chicken who, just for spite, continually crosses the road.

7. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

That's right! It's just the ghost of a chicken.
    Ghosts don't need reasons.

8. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

I suspect the chicken has been crossing the road for many years before the existence of cars. :lol:

9. elisedance

elisedance New Member

See, its like this, I'm walking down the street and I see this cafe with a blackboard sign sayin' 'whole chicken $3.99' so I think thats a great deal and go and tuck in and eat my fill on that there chicken. i eats the entire thing. then I comes out of the cafe and what do I spot but an ice cream shop on the other side of the street with a big yellow sign that says 'all you can eat chocolate fudge almond ice cream, which is durn it my fave. and so I go right over there and tuck in, you know.

So why did the chicken cross the street? because I wanted a chocolate fudge almond ice cream fix.

10. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

So why did the chicken cross the street? projectile vomit!!

11. elisedance

elisedance New Member

the tale was written long, long ago in the early era of KFC so historians are not sure. Projectile vomit is one theory, oesophagal transport is a second and the third, probably correct, is that after the ice cream binge the chicken was carried accross the road in the cadaver on the way to the morgue. I guess we will never really know.

12. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

The chicken crossed the road because there weren't many more days till Valentines day and it wanted to buy a card for the rooster. :D

13. elisedance

elisedance New Member

You raise an important issue DP. The deeper, metaphysical question is 'why did the rooster not cross the road/'. We know the outcome, of course, without a valentine card he was as good as giblets to the chicken...

14. jwlinson

jwlinson Member

The rooster sent the chicken over first to make sure it was safe. If the chicken made it across without getting hit, the rooster would follow.

Therefore, the answer to "why did the chicken cross the road?" is "To scout the way for the rooster."

15. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

...to get to the other side!

16. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Nah. Discussed about six pages back. We all agreed that idea was silly. :D

17. QPO

QPO New Member

He was sick of playing chicken in the middle...

18. elisedance

elisedance New Member

his agent told him he'd make him famous...

19. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Old music-industry joke: "Because that's what the Beatles did!"

20. Because it was frozen and fired out of a cannon into a jet engine on a test harness to assess the engine's ability to withstand bird strikes at cruising speed.

The engine survived the collision intact but, well, it didn't make the chicken's day.