Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > So You Think You Can Dance - Season 7 - Week 8

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by Beto, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Beto

Beto Active Member

I think this may be the first season where I'm *not* okay with the eventual winner. In seasons past I was usually okay with any of the top 4 winning because my favorites usually made it into the 2 of the 4 spots and now there's a chance that I won't like the winner. :| I'm usually like "okay, those 2 belong there and the other 2, well, they're only there because of the popular vote..." and then one of the 2 that belonged usually won.

I'm beyond happy that Lauren and Robert made it to the finals. :D I just need one of them to take the title. *fingers crossed*

2. chica latina

chica latina New Member

For me, Alex Wang should have won.. but since he's not there I'm ok with all the others. Dont really have a favorite anymore.

I was ok seeing Adechike leave, dancewise made sense... is just that I dont enjoy Kent's personality and how much praise he gets by judges even if he didnt do great.

3. Beto

Beto Active Member

Of course! He was the clear winner once he rocked the stage with Twitch. He embodied the dancer being out of his element and picking up a completely alien style the best. I think everyone wanted him to win.

That's my problem with Kent right there.

4. Casayoto

Casayoto Member

Kent's actually my favorite that's left.(after Alex and Billy) Lauren has been good enough in everything, but has yet to ever wow me.(Other than 1 or 2 really good solos).

5. RickRS

RickRS Member

I'm one of those that were disappointed that Alex had to leave. Hoping he's back next season and, if possible, is even better than this year. Disappointed that Billy got cut last week, but this final three was what I expected after that.

Mary Murphy was supposed to be a guest choreographer according to all the pre-season publicity. That still hasn't happen. Wonder...?

Result show has got me all excited about a new singer. Totally unaware of Janelle Monae and her performance of "Tightrope" blew me away. Dance-wise, Janelle was channeling James Brown and Micheal Jackson in a good way. I want to hear more, so I'll be getting her album.

6. Beto

Beto Active Member

That has me very curious as well.

This show has a knack for showcasing artists a year or two before they became big on the album charts. Lady Gaga is one example.

Funny thing about Janelle Monae is that I first saw her on an episode of Stargate Universe last year. For those who don't follow the show, events take place on Earth and onboard the ship that the main characters are stuck on. One episode had characters visiting a club where she was performing so I found that pretty interesting.

7. Ithink

Ithink Active Member

She opened for Erykah Badu's tour and I saw her live - she is awesome! I enjoyed her much more than Erykah...

8. Flat Shoes

Flat Shoes New Member

So sad to see Billy go tonight (we're a bit behind here in Norway), he was one of the three people who should be in the finale. Him, Lauren and Kent.

Billy is a really strong dancer. His "homeless" performance was one of the top three performances of this season (and left a lump in my throat), he's very musical and artistic.

Lauren is very flexible, very strong and does everything really well.

Kent is also technically excellent. He looks so boyish, but surprises me again and again with how good his technique actually is. And his face never bothers me.

The guys who shouldn't be in the finale:
    Ade is really physical and strong, but doesn't have the actor skill/musicality, or the ability to be loose and cool when needed.

José, I really love that guy, but he's technically a level below the rest.

Robert, I don't understand what people sees in him, he's not flexible, he's often awkward, stiff and "flat footed" in many situations (especially when lifting a partner) and he is not as strong and "jumpy" (can't remember the English word) as the other guys left.

The judges has had many chances to get rid of Robert, he's been voted bottom three so many times, and I'm really disappointed that they didn't let him go last time.

Okay, I know all of you has moved on a show or two, but had to let it out. I'm so disappointed that Billy had to go, and that Robert is still in the show.

9. samina

samina Well-Known Member

hang in there with him... he does improve in the show, revealing IMO remarkable flexibility, power, charisma, and artistry. you haven't seen the best of him yet. he peaks later in the show than the rest. :)

10. Flat Shoes

Flat Shoes New Member

I agree that this was his best performance so far, but I still think the others who came this far are all much better dancers technically (except maybe Jose).