General Dance Discussion > So You Think You Can Dance...

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by dancersdreamland, May 12, 2005.

1. chandra

chandra New Member

Re: So You Think You Can Dance

Are you 2197 on the tpics on the website? :D

2. BrookeErin

BrookeErin New Member

his name was Nick (his friend Melody)... I don't know the song, but it sounded to be CCM (Contemporary Christian Music) to me... we still have SYTYCD tivo'd, so if it doesn't disappear before I get a chance I can try to catch some of the words.... something about walk on water... maybe I'll walk on water and you'll catch me when I fall. Anyone else more help?

3. SalsaAmore

SalsaAmore New Member

With the way he danced, he can have a diva complex.

4. new-ish

new-ish New Member

According to the Fox bulletin board for the show Nick's song was "Storm" by Lifehouse.

I really liked Artem and Giselle. I'd love to know what song they danced to.

5. Laura

Laura New Member

They were just fabulous. I especially loved that the came out dressed/groomed in a way that would make sense to a non-dancesport audience. If they had gone out all done up for competition then people might have been scared off (like by that guy talking about his waxed chest at the end of last week's episode). Their dancing looked great. It's such a shame that Giselle got cut, especially since some rather mediocre Britney Spears copies got through in both New York and Chicago. I bet they did it to up the "drama" factor -- if you noticed they just happened to cut the guy from the engaged Salsa couple that was being promoted...I wonder if the producers are hoping some kind of drama comes up from all that....

6. limperatrice

limperatrice New Member

I'm not sure how to verify that, but I have posted on the Fox site.

7. Pacion

Pacion New Member

For those who do not have access to Amercian television, can someone elaborate please :wink: :lol:

8. Porfirio Landeros

Porfirio Landeros New Member

They were just wearing cool street fashion clothes, like a celebrity would wear to starbucks - flared jeans, nice shirt, open a few buttons but not too far.

The other mentioned competitors from the week before wore their full on Latin outfits, and looked a little "too ballroom" for the public (maybe even too ballroom for ballroom), especially since the guy started talking about chest waxing.

9. Pacion

Pacion New Member

Thanks. :D

10. chandra

chandra New Member

there was a picture of a belly dancer on a pic site I was loking at who's competitino number was 2197, looked like it might have that guilty stray hair, and I was wondering if it was you? I dont know how else to describe... OHwell!

11. limperatrice

limperatrice New Member

oh! duh! Yeah, that's me in all my unibrowed glory!

12. Laura

Laura New Member

Artem looked very hip but also very natural -- perfect hair, stylish jeans, a white shirt with the sleeves rolled up and a few buttons open. Giselle had on black pants, a black top that showed her bare midriff, and a blue-green belt slung low over her hips. Her top was stoned a bit, and the belt was completely covered with stones, but she looked cool...she looked 'fly,' but she didn't look like she was done up for a Latin competition.

13. TemptressToo

TemptressToo Member

So jealous...I didn't watch this last week so it is probably old news...but these kids are being taught salsa by Alex Da Silva and hip hop by Brian Friedman...no fair!

14. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

I'm looking forward to watching tonight's episode! :D

15. TemptressToo

TemptressToo Member

What time zone are you in? My show just ended...

16. tacad

tacad New Member

Some day I have to watch this.

17. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

PST... it'll be coming on soon! :banana:

18. TemptressToo

TemptressToo Member

Da Silva cracked me up...showing up in a different classic car every day. Also, the music he used to train the students was (I think) his Club Mayan competition music and many of the skills shown I've seen him do before.

Some of the people are utterly hopeless at partner dancing... ;)

19. Porfirio Landeros

Porfirio Landeros New Member

Wow, Mary and Mia kind of went at it a little bit, eh? The next episode looks like emotions are really going to flare up between the judges and contestants, especially with that pro dancer guy talking trash about the hip-hop judge/choreographer. I'm going to see about going to a live show after the Ballroom Nationals this month.

20. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Ditto. I keep forgetting. :( I might remember, if we had a "spoilers" thread like we did for Dancing With the Stars. :?