General Dance Discussion > Son of So---How Was Your Dance Weekend?

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by Phil Owl, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Well-Known Member

I've added that to my list of things to try! You'll have to share pictures sometime. :)

2. Zhena

Zhena Well-Known Member

DH posted a bunch of pictures on Facebook ... do you want to be his friend? Or ... if you were my friend, would you be able to see his pictures?

I don't have Facebook figured out, so I don''t post on it much. But DH finds it a great way to share his pictures.

(He got an acceptable shot of me gazing out the train window on the way back ... I've made it my Facebook profile picture.)

3. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

Fantastic, wish you well with that SOS. :cheers:

Most people that I know who are instructors love it.

Tonight's our next USADance chapter party. Was at a Village Inn earlier for breakfast and bought one of their pies to bring for the dessert table.

4. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Have fun tonight, Spitfire! :)

5. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Went to a social that was hosted by new studio...

Was fantastic. Music, dance quality, people...all was a massive improvement from the socials we used to go to. I didn't have DP there, but I barely sat down all night...got some dances with some very good dancers.

6. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

That's fantastic! :cool:

7. Terpsichorean Clod

I will accept friendship with either/both of you! I'm afraid you'll have to do the friending as I was unable to find you. You're an uncommon lady, but your name...not so much. :razz:

8. drejenpha

drejenpha Member

Was nice being back in the collegiate dance world for the weekend. We didn't place last in the smooth events (didn't do great either but for about an hour of practice 4 (w/t) and 3 (f/v) of 5 wasn't too bad) and I had people come up to me and tell me how much they liked our dancing... I guess crowd appeal means something. Standard went alright, we made finals from an initial semi in w/q (7) and v (5). Looking forward to seeing score sheets but hopefully no more pictures surface, my facial expression is not nice to look at.

9. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Dance weekend was GREAT!. Buddy Schwimmer's new studio in Redlands is really something. He expected, as he said during the dance show, only..maybe 150 people. There were over 300 people! Ran out of chairs, sitting the floor was ok for the dance shows that the Irish Team put on, CW2step champions, West Coast Swing Benji and his partner, And two junior Champion couples, then a jack and jill, introductions of all the teachers, honored invited guests including Brian and Kristy McDonald. Lots of dancing - the floor is magnificent and the multiple smaller studios in the complex were great...filled with all kinds of people dancing - everywhere it seemed in every room except where the food was. My feet were actually sore....and the smile was priceless and ran into friends I hadn't seen in over a year. Fabulous night of dancing.

10. Phil Owl

Phil Owl Well-Known Member

Had a delightful weekend on the dance floor!

Saturday was the Atlanta Metro Dancesport monthly which for me is always a blast, EVERY dance a pleasure, and got to do several several dances and talk a good bit with a pro who will be at a comp in L.A. at the end of April (her name is Joy and she definitely lives up to her name), another thing that blew me away about her is that she looks about 35-ish, but she's nearly my age, further proof that dancing does keep you young (she was a champion Hustle dancer back in the day)! [​IMG]

Sunday was great too with the Waltz Play crowd, tons of good dances, even a couple One-Steps that were a hoot, and to cap it off, getting to do waltz to, ready for this, a song called "Waltzing With Bears" [​IMG]. My partner and I were HOWLING with laughter through the whole thing.

11. Spitfire

Good weekend of dancing. Looking forward to next Saturday for what is a once in a blue moon happening here; a dance given at the Eagles Lodge featuring a live band who's leader is the local WCS club president.

12. Phil Owl

Friday was very enjoyable, got LOTS of Cha Cha in and Foxtrot especially, and even got to teach some Rumba and Tango to a lady who was new to those 2 dances, she did AMAZING! :D

13. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Lots of dancing yesterday--the most for me in about a month. I loved it so much, including applying some new ideas from the coach...

14. Spitfire

Dance held at the Eagles Lodge last night was great. While I'm not picky as to whether it's live or recorded music it's nice to dance to a live band every so often.

A little excitement afterwards; some guy from off the street attempted to steal a purse from one of the ladies. The bouncer caught him and held him down until the police arrived.

15. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Yikes!

16. Phil Owl

FIRST EVER Samba lesson on Sunday! I got me work cut out for me, but somehow managed to pull it off with a couple forgiving partners! Plus tons of fun dances, including several Rumbas that were sheer joy and a couple other dances with this lady whose name is Allegra, sweet, wonderful person and she looked AMAZING with a blue twirl skirt! :D :mrgreen:

17. Terpsichorean Clod

During a waltz, I noticed a lady leading a gentleman. I buttonholed them after the song ended.

"Excuse me. I saw you dancing reverse-role. Are you teachers?" I asked.

The lady replied, "No. We're married."

18. drejenpha

drejenpha Member

Love this, especially because the lady was leading and not backleading.

19. Phil Owl

A delightful weekend for me, Saturday's Atlanta Metro was a blast (just went by so quickly, 2.5 hours was like 2.5 minutes), lots of good Foxtrots especially, AND a delightful Waltz with a pro who was so unabashedly creative and FUN!, and to close out the night, a DELICIOUS Rumba with a delightful lady I hadn't seen in months, That dance was impossible to top, so I ended the night right there on a VERY happy note. :D

Sunday at Waltz Play was a blast too, especially a bunch of Tangos and Rumbas with a particularly fun and creative partner that were so sensual and fun they should've been illegal, me LOVE Rumba and Tango :mrgreen:

20. CANI

CANI Active Member

Wow!! Sounds like a wonderful night Phil!!