Ballroom Dance > Songs to end a dance with

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by mjnemeth, Feb 19, 2015.

1. mjnemeth

mjnemeth Member

Ive been running Ballroom/Latin/swing dances. Right now I end my playlists with either Last Dance (Donna Summers) or Save the last dance for me (various singers). Any suggestions?

2. davedove

davedove Well-Known Member

I know a lot of times ballroom dancers like to finish with a waltz, no matter what the title.

I will say though, if you have songs like the ones you listed, it just doesn't feel right if they're not the last dance.:cool:

billman likes this.
  3. tangotime

tangotime Well-Known Member

Back when , in the U.K. , it was nearly always (everywhere ) Goodnight Sweetheart.. a slow Q/step .

4. kckc

kckc Active Member

One local studio used to play this..........

MaggieMoves, mjnemeth and raindance like this.
  5. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

back when I used to attend a lot of social dances, traditionally the last song was The Last Waltz (Englebert Humperdinck)

mjnemeth and ocean-daughter like this.
  6. Dr Dance

Dr Dance Well-Known Member

7. TwoRightFeet

TwoRightFeet Active Member

8. TwoRightFeet

TwoRightFeet Active Member

And don't forget, Save The Last Dance For Me, a great American Rumba or fast Cha Cha, by Michael Bublé:

Oops, sorry, I see you mentioned that in your first post.

Try this one instead:

Time To Go, a waltz by Harry Connick, Jr:

Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
    mjnemeth likes this.
  9. Partner Dancer

Partner Dancer Well-Known Member

10. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Back when I did some, I used to end the night with something moderately upbeat -- a cha-cha or bronze-tempo waltz, for instance. Then I'd have some "exit music", something slower and non-danceable, for people to listen to as they put on their street shoes and got ready to leave.

11. mjnemeth

mjnemeth Member

Interesting! So many version of it . Ive not found a "fast" version of it yet. Might be cute
    to end with different versions each dane.

12. mjnemeth

mjnemeth Member

Really like bye bye! Watched that show.

Thanks every one! All great songs

Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
  13. MintyMe

MintyMe Member

I always end my dances with an instrumental waltz, "Edelweiss"-- that's my signature last dance song. It puts everyone in a romantic, mellow mood.

I tried "I Had a Real Good Time" by Delbert McClinton but it's a two step and I don't think anyone paid as much attention to the lyrics as I did ("Just in case I don't ever see you again, I had a real good time...").
    :)

14. mjnemeth

mjnemeth Member

Since I plan a country two step lesson one week "I Had a Real Good Time"
    would be perfect.