Dancers Anonymous > Spin-off: Beautiful Thread

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by CANI, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

A full amber moon, seeming so low in the sky...

2. CANI

CANI Active Member

Nice!

Today's sunset...I felt as if I was on some tropical island...it was so...delicate...absolutely lovely!

3. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Indeed--how spectacular a sunset can be!

4. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

A leisurely Sunday by a peaceful meadow. The air very still, and the only sounds being the chirping of some birds...

5. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Bossa Nova music from Brazil, and the beautiful emotions that it evokes...

6. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

dew on a rose in early morning...

7. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

The way neon lights reflect on wet sidewalks after a rain...

8. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

A lazy, peaceful Saturday afternoon... :kitty:

9. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

how a setting sun seems to ignite the sea in a palette of luxurious colors...

10. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

The scent of jasmine flowers on a beautiful summer night in San Francisco...

11. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Japanese food, which can look like art as well as a meal...

12. CANI

CANI Active Member

Lots of nice ones, Ray -- thanks for sharing!

Family -- beautiful in so many ways!!

13. CANI

CANI Active Member

My favorite dog cuddling up and sleeping soundly beside me as I work. :D

14. CANI

CANI Active Member

Absolutely gorgeous hike this morning. The trail was nice and narrow so it was almost as if it didn't exist. There has been quite a bit of rain lately, so the moisture and all the greenery was stunning. I was surrounded by huge trees -- some older than I've seen in quite a while. I didn't see a single human the whole time I was out there -- just me, quite a few chipmunks, some squirrels, birds and tinier creatures. There was quite a bit of steep uphill -- got a great workout for my legs! I'd never been to this nature preserve before -- I'm so glad I went today!:D

Also beautiful that I didn't fall!:eek: I had quite a few near misses, especially on the part climbing over these large rocks, and a few parts that were steep downhill...and being that this was my first time in this place...and no one knew I was there...and I didn't see any other humans...it would have been interesting to say the least if I had injured myself or knocked myself unconscious!;)

15. samina

samina Well-Known Member

have you read any thoreau, CANI? sounds like you're channeling his spirit today. :cool:

16. CANI

CANI Active Member

Back in high school I did...been a long time since then!:) It really was beautiful...I'm still appreciating it as I sit here hours later!!

17. CANI

CANI Active Member

The Geek Squad at Best Buy! I was convinced my very-old computer had breathed its last breath this morning, but thankfully no! A quick trip to them -- FREE advice and help -- and fully functioning computer...Yeah!

18. CANI

CANI Active Member

Had some strange problems with my car three times this morning, definitely indicative of something wrong with the car...got an appointment at the dealership right after lunch today...the car is beyond all warranties...after about an hour, they had identified a rather serious problem...I (amazingly for me!) stayed calm internally (externally I can usually pull off, but internally?)...listened, asked a few questions to understand...asked the anticipated cost...the service woman said she would work up the numbers...to my GREAT SURPRISE...the woman returns within minutes to say, "I think I'm about to make your day...I just talked to my manager and said, "I don't think she should have to pay for this repair" and he agreed, so we are going to cover the full cost, and we have the parts, so you'll have your car back tomorrow." I was FLOORED...and started crying...I was so touched...what a BEAUTIFUL gesture...I still can't believe it...and it is a serious relief for me. Definitely a story for this thread!!:bouncy:

19. Nina22

Nina22 Member

Fresh rain pearls on ti leaves.

That always make me stop even in my most ultimate spinnicious moments!

20. CANI

CANI Active Member

Yes! I recently, very, very early in the morning, saw fresh rain pearls balancing on the delicate strands in a spider web -- absolutely gorgeous as the sun came up!