Dancers Anonymous > Spin-off: Beautiful Thread

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by CANI, Aug 13, 2009.

1. samina

samina Well-Known Member

wonderful story, CANI. happy for you. indeed a beautiful gesture. thanks for sharing.

2. CANI

CANI Active Member

Thanks! I picked up my car today:D...if not for her beautiful gesture, I would have been out $896+tax...wow...I am still in absolute awe...and very, very happy. :bouncy:

3. CANI

CANI Active Member

People with the courage to speak up, address things head-on, take action, state their opinion directly and openly, face-to-face, word-to-word...especially when this occurs with those in a perceived or actual position of power...Amazing!

4. CANI

CANI Active Member

Electricity! Heat!!:D

5. CANI

CANI Active Member

Frog eggs in a little vernal pond -- and, really, everything about this time of year falls in my beautiful list. :)

6. Aura

Aura Active Member

Now this is a thread I can get behind! Who knew that concerts could be beautiful? I went to the rodeo last night, and saw Train, my favorite band. Oh my goodness, does Pat have a beautiful voice! Their songs are beautiful as well.

7. CANI

CANI Active Member

:DSounds wonderful! Glad you had such a nice time!

8. Aura

Aura Active Member

Thank CANI! I'm honestly not much of a concert person, but boy was it worth it. There's an internet site called Gives Me Hope that shares Twitter-sized stories of heart-warming/inspiring events. I look at it whenever I feel down.

9. CANI

CANI Active Member

I'm glad it was worth it, Aura! I'll have to check out that site Gives me Hope. I found a site I've enjoyed beginning to explore -- www. brenebrown.com (delete the space) -- it is a site written by a Social Worker (Brene Brown -- who has two interesting talks on TED www. ted.com) and is filled with thoughts and stories about living authentically and showing your true self and ALL of your self to the world, and it is filled with some beautiful artwork and photographs.

Today on my beautiful list...books...and all of the wonderful authors in the world...

10. CANI

CANI Active Member

I was recently introduced to coursera dot org. It is a site of free university courses from all sorts of universities and on a variety of topics. It is the coolest thing! I am about to take my first course which starts Monday (it will be an interesting challenge to do this with work, but I'm excited!). The discussion forums in my course definitely qualify as beautiful - the introductions alone! All these beautiful people coming together (from India, Portugal, Austria, Australia, the U.S. and more) to share in taking this course and sharing their current experiences and their hopes. No doubt -perfect for the beautiful thread.

MultiFaceted Dancer likes this.
  11. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

Most beautiful news of the day: The handsy class creeper I have to babysit is out for a whole month. Hooray! My rotator cuffs and sideboobs get a break!