Dance Articles > Steamy Steps

Discussion in 'Dance Articles' started by Spitfire, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

This is in this weeks edition of a local publication in regards to the show Forever Tango:

Steamy Steps

2. Steve Pastor

Steve Pastor Moderator Staff Member

Interesting to all of us who have mixed feelings about the "Argentine Tango" we usually see on the dance shows DWTS and SYTYCD.
    No one will expect social tango in the show, however.

3. Swingcpl

Swingcpl New Member

We just started Argentine Tango and we always enjoy watching the highly stylized versions we see on the TV shows.

We really like dancing regular tango to contemporary music. Songs like Sway-*****cat Dolls, She Drives Me Crazy-Fine Young Cannibals, Bad Romance-Lady Gaga, and we just did a spotlight dance at our studio to Marilyn Manson's version of Tainted Love. I wonder if tango purists would not like that, but I guess we don't care. Some people at our studio say they don't dance tango because of the music, but after our spotlight dance they now may add tango to their learning program.

I heard someone say, "We have two ears and one mouth... and that's God's way of telling us that we should listen twice as much as we speak." Well, that also means that since we have two feet and one brain... we should dance more than we think!:rolleyes:

4. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Love it!

Welcome to DF, Swingcpl. :-D

5. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

Has anyone seen it?

6. CenterFloorDevant

CenterFloorDevant New Member

Argentina.. and growing popularity of tango.. owwlala