Ballroom Dance > Stunning performances that have ruined songs for you

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Terpsichorean Clod, Jul 25, 2009.

1. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Well-Known Member

The Beat (thanks for posting, dapenda!)

I agree! Like when I hear Splish Splash, I think Evgeny and Inna.

It doesn't even have to be a planned performance. For Hey Daddy, I think Gherman and...Eileen. :)

2. CANI

CANI Active Member

I definitely see your perspective, TC, and love the image that comes in my mind of you and friend simply dancing for the sake of dancing. Absolutely beautiful. And, you are right about your interpretation of my focus with dancing. Dancing is such an incredible experience...and something I enjoy so much that I wish that thorough enjoyment for everyone.

Great thread...you've got a lot of interest and discussion going!

3. Terpsichorean Clod

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, CANI! I hope we will share some dances someday.

4. CANI

CANI Active Member

That sounds wonderful -- I hope we do as well. :D

5. DancingMommy

DancingMommy Active Member

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

I LOVE IT! That's so awesome and sweet and amazing and and and... I hope I'm that full of life when I'm older.

6. Terpsichorean Clod

It was the perfect song for a showcase. We'd winnowed a multitude down to that one. I'd listened to it enough times that I knew it by heart and could already imagine the accents we were going to hit...there, and there, and there...just so. We were about to take it to our teacher for choreography. But just in case, I searched YouTube for "Shout and Feel It"...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8qpZezaAc8

7. SQ_F05

SQ_F05 New Member

Not only do they "own" that song, but to me, Yulia also "owns" that fringe pantsuit. It boggles my mind that people copy their showdance, even down to the costume.......booo :confused:

8. SQ_F05

SQ_F05 New Member

I really love Slavik and Karina's rumba to Cuando Te Beso too :D Whenever I hear it, I think of their heart touching performance!!!

Thank you for the other two links, I hadn't seen those performances before :)

9. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

There ain't no one like Yulia. :D

Also, the Rumba that they did to Angela... some pros did that at our studio and I kept thinking "oh, Yulia..."

And Slavik/Karina are responsible for stealing a TON of songs, 'specially Feliciano's rumbas! Damn you!!!

10. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

Y'know, she was selling the pantsuit, I think, but I can't imagine anyone not recognising it... it's CULT! I'd feel like a fraud wearing it... (that's in the bizarro universe where I could fit in it)

11. Terpsichorean Clod

Glad you liked them. :)
    Yeah, I saw a student showcase to that number...it was impossible to avoid comparison...

12. musicchica86

musicchica86 Active Member

Agreed on "The Beat." It should just be...illegal, or something, for anybody else to wear The Fringy Pants of Goodness. :notworth: I also think of Yulia and Riccardo every time I hear "Hello Baby." (Err, I think that's the name of it. The one with the awesome big red hat.)

Ben and Shalene ruined "You and Me" by Lifehouse for me.

Also, Andre and Natalie Paramonov used a song called "The Mystic's Dream" by Loreena McKinnett (also part of the soundtrack for The Mists of Avalon, which I love) as a paso in their show. Love it, but now it's 100% tied to them in my mind.

13. SQ_F05

SQ_F05 New Member

Agreed.....it's her signature. I have seen it copied twice on TV; it's an outrage!!!!

14. SQ_F05

SQ_F05 New Member

I guess until we figure out how to trademark/patent showcases, it will be inescapable :p

15. SQ_F05

SQ_F05 New Member

Yah, me too :) And I think of Sergey and Melia's rumba when I hear "You Don't Bring Me Flowers". It's so beautiful!!!

16. Terpsichorean Clod

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1JpU0CVEeU
    That's why you need to get there first! Then you can say that they were copying you! ;)

17. Terpsichorean Clod

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7nunp_We5M
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VNMWAHDI-I
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DKS6R7hkck

I just watched the paso for the first time. Loved it! Thanks for sharing, musicchica!

18. Terpsichorean Clod

Perhaps if we were to exercise the power of shame? :razz:

19. Terpsichorean Clod

20. ROFL! :uplaugh::uplaugh: That's awesome. :grin: