Salsa > stupid and embarrising question

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by Danoo, Aug 2, 2004.

1. Danoo

Danoo New Member

ok ive been dancing 13-14 weeks now
    in my 6-7th week i started feeling emotionally attached to 1 of my teachers :oops:

but she is well out of my age (im 14)
    what should i do?
    should i just act normal or dance smooth with her?
    please help or give comments

2. Sabor

Sabor New Member

try and forget about it.. it'll cause nothing but stress if it develops.
    focuss on the dance.. love the dance .. as for her.. try and see her as one of the things u love about salsa..

its a crush.. nothing more.. it'll pass.. all salseros crush all the time.. preferrebly with every dance :wink: .. turn it into passion.. nothing can make u dance better! :D

3. Danoo

Danoo New Member

thx
    i cnt forget it tho
    she always smiles at me =\
    i do love dancing with her tho :)

4. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Don't forget it (how can you if you're with her all the time dancing?!) but just enjoy the bit of passion you are experiencing. It might even help you with some of your moves, to be passionate with someone you are attracted to! It's the "forbidden fruit" syndrome. It's nice, but don't let it go where it shouldn't! :wink:

5. Danoo

Danoo New Member

lol thx :)
    she was teaching me a move last night and she like grabbed my hand and put it on her hip O_O
    but its a good move :D

6. Pacion

Pacion New Member

:( Sorry to suggest this Danoo, but I think she smiles at everyone :oops:

How old is she? Try and focus on your dancing and developing yourself as a person. If, in five years time (when you are 19 or so) and you are still in touch and you are still feeling the same way, then maybe.

But, at this point in time though, if you did try and make something develop, PLEASE remember that you could get her into trouble with the law, even if you maybe mature for your age and you may have initiated it.

If you can't stop thinking about her/care for her as you suggest, then you will put her first. If she gets into trouble with the law, chances are you won't ever be able to see her again (the law will forbide her) AND she will most likely be barred from teaching/working with under 18s. :|

Try and dance with others more and see her smiles in the context of the dancing.

Goodluck.

7. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

I'm in love with every salsero I dance with -- for 3 minutes, while the music lasts! It's the music and the dance that does it -- sorry, nothing personal darling :lol:.

Danoo, chances are she smiles at everyone she dances with. That's what a good dancer is supposed to do -- look at the partner and smile. Follow the advice others have given you. Just enjoy the dance -- with her, as well as with all others.

8. Pacion

Pacion New Member

:lol: :banana: me too :D

9. Danoo

Danoo New Member

lol thx all
    yeah she may smile at every1 while shes dancing
    but not while shes not
    i dont know how old she is and i dont think it will get personal.
    just wanted some advice
    yeah she has changed me style dramaticly and she constantly improves my dancing :)

10. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

Has she taught you the move where the follower slides her hand down the leader's chest yet? My classmate absolutely loves it :wink:. In fact, I think he loves it just a wee bit too much -- you aren't supposed to repeat it 5 times in one song :lol:.

11. Danoo

Danoo New Member

LOL not yet :lol:

12. Sabor

Sabor New Member

:shock: .. and all this time i thought it was the other way around!..
    :lol:

13. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

You are talking about the move which ends with a sharp slap on the leader's cheek, right? :lol:

14. Danoo

Danoo New Member

lol
    probably :lol:

or the move where the leader put the follower into a double spin and the follower puts her elbow out =\

15. Sabor

Sabor New Member

depends which 'cheek' we're talking about here :lol:

16. Tasek

Tasek New Member

Care to describe that move in some more detail macmoto??
    And who says you can't do a move five times during a song, if that classmate of yours so interprets the music, so be it ;)

And Danoo, if you don't occasionally develop a little crush on someone on the dancefloor, you're doing something wrong.
    Just don't read too much into it (in time you'll learn the difference between a dancefloor crush and something more) and use those feelings on the dancefloor to make the dance even better.
    And don't worry, those things will pass. (and then you'll meet other dancers and get new crushes, and again, and again, circle of life and everything ;) )

17. Sonia in Aalborg

Sonia in Aalborg New Member

Hi Danoo,
    I completely understand you falling for your instructor. The 1st time I went for a lesson, I was absolutely rivetted by mine (a guy btw :) )! and he does get lots of looks from some of the other female beginners too. I actually think it's good because it could be one of the reasons why some of the girls come back for more-I sure did! :wink: But it's kinda worn off now-I LOVE dancing with him because he's just a good lead and is always teaching me something new but then again ... LOVE dancing with just about any guy who'll feel like asking a newie like me! :) I think there's something special I really like about every guy I've danced with! :D Just wish we had more male beginners though. :?
    ...Sonia

18. Danoo

Danoo New Member

yeah its just that i see her every week
    and she teaches me new things even when there is general dancing..

19. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

It's one of those sexy haircomb moves where the leader takes the followers right hand, haircombs around his head and puts the hand on his right shoulder. Then he asks for the same hand with his left hand placed by his waist. That makes the follower's right hand slide down and across his chest as if by magic :wink:. The problem is, after about 3 times the follower susses this out and refuses to cooperate :lol:.

20. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

Dancing over time will be a great way for you to learn to truly enjoy being around other people, including those you find attractive. It sounds like your teacher really likes you, even though not in "that way". Hopefully, you'll soon have your eye on someone your age, and after having had some good experiences through dancing, you'll have the confidence you need to ask them on a date. :D