Salsa > stupid and embarrising question

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by Danoo, Aug 2, 2004.

1. Danoo

Danoo New Member

what are they btw =\

2. salsachinita

salsachinita New Member

Danoo, those are Cuban Rueda moves. You are not learning from that school/style (yet).

3. Danoo

Danoo New Member

ok thx :)

4. Danoo

Danoo New Member

no she doesnt
    i dont think i want to tell her
    1) it will embarris me
    2) she might take it the wrong way and never dacne with me again

5. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

There is validity to what you say Danoo. Some things are just not appropriate.

6. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

Danoo wrote: "2) she might take it the wrong way and never dacne with me again."

Excellent point Danoo! Keep things fun by channeling your energy into the dancing. Thinking about the long term consequences of your actions will do you much better then the short term consequences. Keep her as a teacher and she will be a friend for a long time. Maybe when you get older the age difference won't be as much of a factor, and then who knows what might develop. In the meantime, gain soem experience with women closer to your age, and this will also help you further down the road. Good luck!

Sabor: Your humor continues to floor me. :)

7. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

So just take my advice and wallow in the lust/admiration you have for her! It's a great feeling, and you won't get it often! :wink:

8. Pacion

Pacion New Member

:lol: Stick around DancePoet. It will get better :wink:

Yeap, and the law won't be able to do a thing :D

9. Danoo

Danoo New Member

i dont understand :oops: :?

10. Sabor

Sabor New Member

its ok danoo, u r not alone... since Pacion is an alien abductee.. it is expected and accepted :lol:

11. Pacion

Pacion New Member

Danoo, you are under 16, the age of consent (I believe it is here in the UK). If your teacher is over 18, she can be prosecuted in law for "corrupting a minor", even if you made the advances to her. In addition, chances are she will be put on a child molestor's register and barred from working with children. There were a few high profile cases in the last year or so. Will have to Google to get exact details :| However, once you are over the age of consent (16?) you can have a relationship with any older woman without her possibly being charged.

Sabor, you are still not getting a ride in my yellow submarine :evil: :tongue:

12. Danoo

Danoo New Member

i know that =\

13. Pacion

Pacion New Member

So what then don't you understand? I am confused now :(

14. Danoo

Danoo New Member

u sed the law wont be able to do a thing =\
    i dont understand where that came from =\

15. Pacion

Pacion New Member

My very first post on this, page 1 :(

16. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Yup. That's the thing, Danoo. The US, at least, has pretty strict laws against romantic relationships between "adults" and "children" even if they're only a few years apart in age. An adult who enters such a relationship can be held legally liable and even go to jail. There's a current court case of a teacher (whom I won't name -- I don't do politics ... here.) who is being prosecuted for entering a sexual relationship with her student. I believe the teacher is in her early twenties, like 22 or something. The student is 15. It's easy to see where the attraction might come from. But, while the male student is not legally responsible, the VERY young teacher is. Given your age, maintaining a professional distance is the only legal choice your teacher has.

17. Danoo

Danoo New Member

yeah ill just enjoy all the dances with her :)

thx all

18. Pacion

Pacion New Member

Danoo, she might have a sister/cousin/young friend to introduce you to though :wink:

They have gotten very strict here too Pygmalion. In addition, to work with children these days, most schools run a police check now (or are supposed to), even if you want to work with them on a volunteer basis. Even something that was 'consentual' can have a lasting impact as it is illegal.

19. Danoo

Danoo New Member

ya she has a sister
    both are the teachers :p but there around the same age.

20. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Yowzuh! Double trouble! :wink: Better not go there, either! :(