General Dance Discussion > Sugardaddy to fund my dance habit?

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by Sandcastles, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Sandcastles

Sandcastles New Member

Samina mentioned the sugardaddy dot com site, tongue in cheek I suspect, when some of us were discussing how to pay for lessons.

Well, I decided to look into that... I mean, why not LOL. It's been a mixed bag of experiences so far. I'm finding I'm a little too cynical to believe that there are wealthy, lonely men out there willing to cough up cash for companionship and whatever else that might entail, although perhaps there are.

I ran across a guy who actually competes in Latin and is only an hour away, but he's not seeming to be very interested in getting together. At first glance I thought...WOW...this works - a dance partner. But nada so far. He says he's "checking his schedule for later this week".... yeah right.

I had one proposal to meeting someone at their hotel for $150 for 10 minutes. LOL Told him I wasn't that cheap or that easy.

BUT, I have received one rather intriguing offer. His last two "arrangements" included a car, a new home and a $15,000 monthly allowance. He has not sent me a photo yet, so I'm a little worried, and quite frankly, this sort of thing really isn't my personal style, but oh my gosh, I sure am having fun thinking about it.

So the question that begs to be answered.... how far would you go to have someone funding your dance habit?

2. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Well, not that far.

There again, wait a minute. I go to work to fund my habbit - which means compromising my principles, ethics and abilities for 6 days a week every week.

Hmmm. Maybe you're onto something... :cool:

3. samina

samina Well-Known Member

lol... well-said, elise.

well, have recently thought that fasc is onto something with the long-term marriage to successful & adoring husband thing going on there... but i guess maybe i shoulda thought about that years ago...

as for the sugar daddy... meh... trade of valuable resources, done all the time in every relationship. all depends how you define it, i suppose. never went that route meself... but definitely wouldn't judge anyone for doing so, provided all agreements are clear & up front. what's to judge, then? consensual adults, in my opinion...

be safe about it, tho... this sort of dating site sounds fraught with more potential for funny-stuff than the usual sites, i think. there are definitely gonna be plenty of men out there using the site with the intent to mislead & take advantage... yowza.

4. Sandcastles

Sandcastles New Member

actually I've been doing online dating for at least 10 years. Out of that I've made two really good friends - one of whom is still very much a part of my circle of friends...however, my experience with the rest has been that they are SO not serious about finding someone, they just like to be lazy and date from time to time. When you think about the monthly fees to join a service and a date per weekend, that's a pretty expensive "hobby" for them!my main problem is that while the sugardaddie arrangement is intriguing, I am totally in love with someone already - as you may recall we broke up not too terribly long ago - but we have been talking and have seen each other since. I signed up for eharmony and sugardaddie right after we broke up and right now am just having fun with exploring I suppose. I really don't "need" anyone to pay for my lessons, that's why I work.Which, by the way, I neglected to mention - I think I mentioned I was applying for another position at my company - well, we finally came to terms on Friday and I accepted the position. The raise I got compensates for my 4 privates and 8 groups per month. RAH !! And, my car will be paid off this summer, so I really can do this on my own !!!

5. samina

samina Well-Known Member

well, awesome about the new position & raise... sounds like you're your own sugardaddy! :D

i don't internet date anymore, but used to & met some very nice men who were in fact quite serious about finding something permanent. IME, it's definitely good for creating some social fun. fwiw, eharmony did nothing for me -- match.com worked far better.

i like the good old-fashioned in-person courtship ritual, now... and good old-fashioned romance. ;)

and i have never sought anyone out for just their money. ever.

are you & your prior SO considering a reunion? i remember the issue was commitment & settling down... and his lack of desire for that.

6. delamusica

delamusica Active Member

Hey - congrats on the job!

7. Sandcastles

Sandcastles New Member

I guess I AM my own sugardaddy, aren't I? LOL Thanks for the congrats you guys.Are me & my prior considering a reunion? I know he wants that, but the closest he's come to saying "I love you" in 2 1/2 years is - "would I keep coming back if I didn't love you?" Somehow that's just not quite reassuring enough to me. I think he would go on with an exclusive relationship with no actual commitment indefinetly. I can't accept that, but we'll see what the summer brings.

8. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Sounds like a potential mire to me. Don't compromise - I did for 23 years before coming to my senses. If you need love (and I'm not sure everyone does - some just need companionship, others financial securuty etc), then, in my opinion, hold out for the Real Thing. Because what you will likely find is that the person who said that they love you 'as much as they are capable' eventually finds someone else to love totally.

9. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

um....i'd give up ...uh, marital privileges, for dancing...but I wouldn't give them out for dancing...beyond that...I'd do just about anything

10. dancin/dj

dancin/dj Member

im looking for a suga mama to support my dance habit, nah im joking, but its out there for men, as well as women, one can sleep better at night knowing that one pays one"s own way, of course that all goes out the window as soon as i take a gal out on a date or too a dance...

11. waltzgirl

waltzgirl Active Member

I think it would be a rare sugardaddy who's be interested in footing the bill for you to be devoted to dancing more than you are to him, for you to spend hours in the arms of other men, and to be out of town at comps on a frequent basis. But good luck with it!

12. samina

samina Well-Known Member

i agree with your take on it... take heart; the summer could bring all manner of changes, whether with the ex or with someone else. you made a quality decision based on something you want & are ready for... that may appear, then, because you had the courage to make that decision.
    :D

13. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Hm, this sounds like a plan, but I think waltzgirl's found the down side. I need a guy who, money or not, just understands that I'm perfectly happy to take care of him and the cooking (touch my chef's knives and die a painful death--I HAVE to do the cooking) and the laundry and in general coddle him as much as he likes. He just needs to understand that I will also be spending hours and hours each week at the studio, supplying them with my disposable income, stinking up the house/apartment/condo with E6000 when I need to stone a dress, cluttering the bathroom with self-tanners, hair gels, and more makeup than anyone this side of What Not To Wear's Carmindy needs to own, and will be running off to competitions near and far as my finances and work schedule allow.

I don't ask for much, do I?

14. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Well-Known Member

Obviously, you've never seen my laundry.

15. danceronice

Well, I confess, my method of doing laundry (based on it being coin-op and 1.50 a load for just the washer in quarters where I live) is "shove everything in on cold and hope for the best," so any man who really cares about his clothes might not want me in charge of the laundry. I'm a really good cook, though.

Except of course any dance clothes or skating dresses labled hand-wash or dry clean only. Those go in a washtub in the bathroom and drip-dry in there. Or to the dry-cleaner.

16. Terpsichorean Clod

I suppose I could get used to pink undergarments. It's not like anyone really sees them.

17. Sandcastles

Sandcastles New Member

pink undergarments ROFLMAO can't remember the last time I did that... I like the cold water and hope for the best....

18. danceronice

I don't have a problem usually with dye bleeding out (even with that new pair of jeans last week...thought about it for a while, though) but everything ends up being rather wrinkled.

19. Terpsichorean Clod

I think I'd be fine with a compromise - ironed pink undergarments.

20. danceronice

You *iron* your underwear?