General Dance Discussion > Sugardaddy to fund my dance habit?

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by Sandcastles, Jul 1, 2007.

1. etp777

etp777 Active Member

This is horrible. If anyone happens to know a "woman of means" out there looking to support a younger MAN's dance habits, please let me know. ;)

2. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Moderator

Not men's toilets...? :shudder:

3. Terpsichorean Clod

C'mon etp777. Let's go double-team a Mrs. Robinson out there.

4. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I will keep this in mind heaven forbid something should happen to dh

5. fascination

in seriousness...I loved dh when he was a very unpromising bus boy...an average engineer, and now a brilliant lawyer...and the money buys wonderful things but it has had no correlaton to the ebb and flow of happiness...

6. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

Wasn't there a woman in China(?) doing this a while back? Sugar momma and dance partner in one!:)

7. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind if my dh made more money, but then again, he probably wouldn't mind if I made more money either.;) And I'd rather have him than a rich guy any day. But if one day dh wins the lottery or lands some bajillion per year job, I won't complain!:D

8. Terpsichorean Clod

Provided he doesn't become someone else's sugar daddy...

9. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

And why would he do that?

10. Terpsichorean Clod

Hmmm...good point. No use in his upgrading/trading-in seeing as he's already got a top of the line model. On the other hand...addition might have its merits. Some words from a wise character:

11. Terpsichorean Clod

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/stp/365542209.html

Hmmm...would this then be a platonic sugar daddy relationship?

12. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

That would be someone looking for a SUCKER, is what that was.

I don't want a rich husband. I'd just like to not have to worry about where the rent/mortgage is coming from, and again, who understands those cheques to the ballroom studio. If he's a dancer, so much the better--then he'll totally understand!

13. samina

samina Well-Known Member

beautifully said, fasc

14. fascination

lol, thank's sam, albeit not beautifully spelled

15. thespina13

thespina13 New Member

I have a wonderful hubby who is also quite rare. He likes it when i get offers from others to buy things FOR me! Funding my dancing habit was something he welcomed from my friends, especially when we were in Iowa and unable to buy frivolities like dance shoes and congress passes. And drinks. I bought all my clothes at a consignment store, and the rest was generously gifted to me from friends who expected nothing but my friendship in return, although I wasn't giving friendship simply because of the gifts.

Now I'm in a place where I'm not so much in need of those gifts anymore and I'm SO grateful I had friends who were so generous. I think accepting gifts is as much a lost art form as giving them.

16. fascination

I think so too...and one should not underestimate the joy it gives the giver

17. etp777

etp777 Active Member

I certainly prompted more discussion with that comment than I expected. Maybe I should really consider this. ;)

18. fascination

lol, jest stick around in case will ya?

19. etp777

etp777 Active Member

I'll be here. and just to sweeten pot, I can offer discounted rates on ballgowns. ;) Least, was offered it for my teacher, assuem would be same if I found partner to dance with.

Course, ideally my sugar mama wouldn't need discounted prices on her costumes, otherwise how can she afford to keep me in lessons and coachings? :D

20. Terpsichorean Clod