General Dance Discussion > Sugardaddy to fund my dance habit?

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by Sandcastles, Jul 1, 2007.

1. BM

BM New Member

2. Sandcastles

Sandcastles New Member

Well, here's my update on sugardaddie dot com. Have found that wealthy men can be as rude as non-wealthy men. Emails abound with little action, phone calls ensued with hour long conversations and declarations to call again in a fews, then nothing.It was a time-consuming, yet enlightening experiment. In the end, give me sane, normal and hard-working over self-indulgent, egotistical, and confused. LOL

3. samina

samina Well-Known Member

there's definitely a skill involved in making internet dating a positive experience even when there's no self-proclaimed sugar daddy involved... :)

sounds like navigating that terrain could be fraught with a few more challenges, sandy.

4. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

am so glad that I don't have these issues...I think if I was single I would just resign myself to it and save myself alot of pain

5. Sandcastles

Sandcastles New Member

Resignation to the single life is always tempting, but doesn't seem to get here. Maybe someday it will suffice, but I'm currently a hopeful romantic.

6. fascination

hope is good....

7. samina

samina Well-Known Member

soldier on, then... ;)

8. fascination

as long as it is reasonble ;)

9. samina

samina Well-Known Member

yep.

really, i think that site could have some real wackjobs on it... for curiosity's sake, i checked it out and there was some 70-ish guy down in the caribbean looking for lazy young things who wanted to do nothing all day 24/7 but role play daddy & his little girl.

no judgment for what people do behind closed doors... but to advertise this with photos of his estate & pix of him with his little pubescent sweethearts... i mean, that does say something about the spirit of the site.

fwiw, match.com has more quality control... if you're really looking for romance, a site like that might offer more results for you, sand.

10. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

I'm resigned to single life. Yes, I'm that cynical. That or my standards are so high I've just given up on finding anyone who meets them who's available in all respects. I'm not sure.

I've had no luck with match dot com---unless you count getting a friendly wink from a Tory politician in London, England. That was a bit odd. (No, I long ago deleted that e-mail and I do not remember his name. Sadly.)

11. etp777

etp777 Active Member

I've pretty much resigned myself to single life, but I console myself by considering fact that it frees up more money for dancing. :)

12. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

More importantly that freeing up money for dancing, it frees up time.

13. etp777

etp777 Active Member

True peaches, but in my life, that equates to the same thing. I go to work, i go dance, I go home and sleep to recover for another day of same. :) Time, money, it all ends up at the studio.

14. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Ah. I'm just thinking of the number of times I've been asked if I was going to [insert random far away city here] for some AT convention of other, and the consternation when I say no. Even assuming I had the money for all of these things, I'm not just going to get up and take off on a weekend for tango and leave DH at home. Or the times people have suggested going out on various nights. Even if I don't have work the next day, I still like to see my husband.

I love being married, but I've said before and I'll say again, dancing is the only thing that's ever made me wish (in just an itty-bitty corner of my mind) that I was still single. Just so that I don't have to split my attention between dancing and someone else, but could be free to be selfish. Not that I'm looking to change my situation any, and not that I truly wish it was any different.

15. samina

samina Well-Known Member

i understand, truly...

16. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Ah, completely understand that peaches.

I hadn't thought of it that way, merely because it doesn't come up much for me. My studio, while I love it, the managers run it more targeted towards social dancing rather than competitive. We rarely send anyone even to our local regional comps, think we have three people going to the local national (we're lucky enough that one of the three FA nationals is right here in town), an d NEVER send anyone to any independents (local or farther away), and NEVER send anyone to the other two national events. Other studios do it differently, even in our own region, but not ours. I'm just starting to branch out and talk to dancers outside of my region/chain, so I suspect the question of travelling for dance will start to come up more (through places like DF here), just haven't had it happen yet so hadn't even thought about that.

Great, just what I need, another drain of money on the budget. :)

17. Zhena

Zhena Well-Known Member

Yeah but .... we're human. We always want what we don't have. For example, my DH loves dancing just as much as I do, but am I satisfied? Noooo ... I still can't dance as much as I want because we have to do other things too ... like jobs, and housework, and family obligations, and ... whatever.

18. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Yeah some studios send students to competitions while others don't, which is why you have to find the right studio for you. I'm talking to lots of other dancers elsewhere, and once I find a partner (if I'm that lucky), I plan to travel more. I am just so afraid to travel by myself. I know some people that would go with me if I wanted to go elsewhere that my studio isn't going to, but they aren't going to enjoy it, and I don't want to listen to complaining all day. I would like to share that experience with someone else.

19. etp777

etp777 Active Member

This is definitely the right studio for me (or more importantly, the right teacher/partner), just not the same type of attitude towards comps as that of my sister's studio o rmy parent's studio.

My teacher herself seems to really like and encourage the comps (in fact encouraging more than my finances can afford right now :) ). So I think that even if particular studio doesn't fit, teacher might. At least, tha'ts how it's worked out for me.

Luckily, since I can't even afford all the regionals now, much less going to any independents or nationals, it doesn't matter if partner would be willing to travel for a comp. I'd like to think it might be a concern for the future, but for now, I'm just dancing and enjoying that.

20. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

I understand this completely! ;)