General Dance Discussion > Sugardaddy to fund my dance habit?

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by Sandcastles, Jul 1, 2007.

1. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Heh, I've talked to my parents and they basically have said "Yes, we'll help you pay for boarding the cats, travel, we'll do a payment on your dress as a birthday present, etc." I think partially because this is cheap after riding, and the fact that I'm working two jobs plus not whining when I don't win straight away, is kind of a relief.

Still not enough, though, if anything besides dance comes up abruptly. Need job #3...I wonder if my studio does any working-student programs.... ;) (Kidding, Chris. Kind of. Unless you do. In which case I'm not.)

2. Sandcastles

Sandcastles New Member

have tried match and eHarmony...neither of which really resulted in very good experiences. In fact, I think they did great harm to my self-esteem. I may very well be destined to remain single. Well, that's not exactly fair, pseudo ex-boyfriend still around, but I just don't trust that will have a happy ending.

I'm becoming cynical.

Now to top all of this off have had a "personal disagreement" with my instructor and while he's professional while dancing, the friendship aspect is rather strained right now. Making me very upset. And I do believe he's allowing me to wallow in it. So bad right now that I'm not going to his group class this evening.

3. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

sandcastles, with all due respect....he isn't allowing you to wallow....that is your within your power...and don't avoid his class to punish him...it won't work...it will only punish yourself...sometimes it is hard to care less, but neccessary...hug

4. danceronice

Sandcastles, check your PMs. Short public version: don't quit the group classes.

5. Sandcastles

Sandcastles New Member

You're right... we spoke this evening....I think we can put this behind us and dance. I know I will. And I think he will. I'll be able to tell Friday at our private.

6. samina

samina Well-Known Member

hmmm... sticky... definitely up fasc's alley, i think... she'll have good advice on this one, i'm quite sure.

7. samina

samina Well-Known Member

yep... there it is...:rolleyes:

8. fascination

he will...er...guys can compartementalize really well...just don't give him your power...don't punish him...but don't need him either....

9. fascination

thanks Sam

10. elisedance

elisedance New Member

hi SC. Dare I say it? Maybe you really do need more of a life? You MAY find a guy who loves dance so much he wants you for just that - but maybe you need to invest more in other interests? Dance people are wonderful but dance is primarily a physical and emotional activity - I don't think that its a terribly good filter for partners - these may be more easily found by doing something that you enjoy with your mind - art, books, gardens, cooking - whatever, where you are likely to meet someone with similar thinking interests.

hey, think of it, then you can struggle wiht the rest of us, reconciling your dance obsession with their mundane and irrelevant interests such as 'buying a car', 'having a home' or 'raising a family' :)

just my opinion, for what its worth.

11. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Match.com sucks tuches.

12. fascination

so that's how you spell tuches....

13. Sandcastles

Sandcastles New Member

More of a life? Interesting comment. I actually have a VERY full life. Too full sometimes. I have two sons, a full-time job, garden, paint, cook, sing, play guitar, write, have a dog, have a talent for decorating and have redone my entire three bedroom townhouse and numerous friends home. Also have a side business doing marketing/advertising and web sites.

Very much a Type-A personality who needs activity almost 24/7.

What I don't know how to do is relax and let go. Perhaps meditation is something I need to try. Learn how to slow down?

14. elisedance

elisedance New Member

15. Sandcastles

Sandcastles New Member

16. danceronice

Wish I could dance 24/7.....even with my Latin sandals killing my feet....

I'm just obsessive. Never been quite this obsessive about anything, though. Maybe it's the endorphins, but dance is addictive.

17. elisedance

elisedance New Member

If you are going to have your life ruied by an addiction - then this has to be one of the best ways to go!

Of course, we have a whole thread devoted to the issue "You know you are addicted...."

Speaking of, I have an hour private this morning with coach and 2 hours this evening with partner. Oooooooooooh the opiate rush just thinking of it!!!!