Swing Discussion Boards > Swing Dance Clothes

Discussion in 'Swing Discussion Boards' started by Vince A, Sep 2, 2003.

1. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

Well it sounds like every follow there can look forward to a bit of down time and dance very eighth song or so. So if I were going I would gladily, and easily, save a dance for you!

2. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Sometimes, this IS not fun, but a bunch of dancing? - Yes! Some of us die-hard guys refuse to let a woman sit out a dance . . . we get everyone up and dancing . . . some of us can control two followers at the same time.

Bragging? No, it's just that we hate to see someone sitting out a dance when they can be dancing. Plain and simple. We go there to DANCE. We go there to have FUN. And that we DO!

Have you ever been to the Fresno event?

3. dancergal

dancergal New Member

Swing Kitten, don't let Vince scare you. It's not that bad at all. I get asked to dance all the time and with two dance floors, you can dance all night. There are plenty of men there. If you are a real die-hard dancer, the key is to never leave the dance floor. As soon as the music ends and a new song starts, just grab another dance partner before they leave the floor or sometimes they will ask you before you leave the floor too. Guys really like it when you ask them to dance. But you gotta be fast. When I sit out a dance, it's mostly because I want a break!!! :lol:

4. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

dancergal,
    Thanks . . . I hope Swing Kitten knows that I'm kidding!

I found Fresno to be just as you described! It is "FUN," and you can dance as much or little as you want to. Plus . . . you will leave there with many, many new friends!

5. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

I hope you both know that I am exaggerating. I'm sure it's not nearly as painful as it sounds! :wink:

No I have never been to the Fresno event... this is my first year dancing and I don't get out much-- as anyone who knows me can attest!

6. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

now does it matter that this tread is, and has been, completely off topic??

Clothes???

7. dancergal

dancergal New Member

You're right, we did get off track! Clothes for the Fresno event is anything from casual to fancy. It usually have a theme (this year was tropical) and one evening is set aside for a pajama party. I think that's where Vince was going and got off track. I always seem to buy something new for each dance convention because of all the familiar faces there, I don't want them to see me in the same outfit!! Heavens!! btw-have you ever bought a top or an outfit to wear but want to save it for a special event? I have such a top. It's so cute, I want to save it for a special event, but haven't found that event yet. :lol:

8. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

ummm... ...no.

9. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Ummm. Yes.

I don't want to get off topic. So when I'm shopping for dance clothes, here's what I do. Just shop for cheap clothes. Seriously. After about a year of dancing, I had a closet full of clothes. So now, I look for cheap stuff. $35 or less. When I see something good, I buy it. Then, like dancergirl, I save it for the appropriate occasion -- sometimes months later.

Just for the record, clothes are a very sensitive topic for women, guys. Keep that in mind. :D

10. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

You're adorable pygmalion!!

11. pygmalion

:oops: :oops: :D :D

Thanks!!!

12. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

There are "some" guys who DO know this . . . ask my wife . . . we both love clothes . . . we both love shopping for clothes!

13. MissAlyssa

MissAlyssa New Member

I loooooooooove to wear jeans and high heeled boots. I am really digging the new gauzy tunic type shirts with the slit sleeves. I love clothes. :D

14. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

"M-m-m-m-m-m-m-m good!

15. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

Quick everyone... count your pairs of shoes!!!!

this should be interesting!!

16. d nice

d nice New Member

I'm not sure I can count that high. I have way nmore shoes than any straight man should.

17. d nice

d nice New Member

I have ten pair in sight, closet doors closed, three pair in my car. Maybe another eight pair in my closet. Then there are the ones in storage.

I think I need an intervention. Either that our start guesting for Carson when he is on vacation.

18. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

I just counted and I have 13 pairs... most of them serve different purposes.

19. Black Sheep

Black Sheep New Member

Swing clothes

Just for history buffs,
    In the 1950's the only dancers that came in casual clothes were the Contest Contestants, and then even some of them like Pat Eggers, Gill Brady and Joe Lanza always came dressed in suit, or sport outfit, shirt and tie, even on hot summer nights and competed fully dressed.
    But I think it's OK to dress like a bag of rags if that's your thing.
    Ballroom dancers, we set the style always. we were the first ones to go completely black, the first ones to wear cut off boots, and slanted cuffs and form fitting shirts, you name it. We dancers set the style for the rest of the world.
    The dancers today are imitating the pre-teenagers with the crotch down to their knees and leg pants six inches too long dragging on the floor and shirts and sweaters two sizes too large.
    But if you want to look like a bunch of rags rolling around like a ball of nitting wool covering your dance style and hiding all those wonderful dance techniques and try to look 30 years younger like a pre-teenagers, be my quest. It's a free country.
    Talk about shoes; I still have the shoes I danced in the classic, 'Don't Knock the Rock'. But whose counting?
    Black Sheep, I'm for free choice.[/code]

20. pygmalion

:lol: :lol:

What does straight or otherwise have to do with it? If ya gotta have shoes, ya gotta have shoes.

I thought I was bad. Fifteen pairs, plus two pairs of boots.

And a wish list with at least fifteen more styles on it. When big events come around, people don't ask me what I want anymore. They just ask me for the url of where to get my shoes. Five pairs last christmas. Three for my birthday (March 20, just in case you have any shoes to spare!) :D

Oh, and since we're (supposedly) on the subject of swing clothes, the swing shoes with the "spin spot" are really cool -- cool looking, and I love that spin spot. Kinda hard to do much of anything other than swing with rubber soles, though.

Oh, and by the way, we are talking about just dance shoes,aren't we? Heavens only knows how many pairs of regular shoes I have. Can't count that high.