Swing Discussion Boards > Swing Dancing in Northeast Colorado/Southeast Wyoming

Discussion in 'Swing Discussion Boards' started by East Coast Bluesboy, Jul 18, 2013.

1. My family and I are headed out West tomorrow for the Cheyenne Frontier Days rodeo. We'll be flying into Denver, CO tomorrow, spending the night there, driving up to Cheyenne on Saturday and watching the rodeo then and Sunday, driving back to Denver Sunday night and spending Monday there, and flying back on Monday night. So I was just wondering if there is any swing dancing in the area this weekend. We still haven't really decided what to do outside of the rodeo, so we're kind of up for anything. Any suggestions?

2. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

Friday night dance party at Colorado dancesport in Littleton tell harmony I said hi LOL

3. Thanks for the info! I Googled it, and it seems to be tango themed. Will there be any swing?

4. Steve Pastor

Steve Pastor Moderator Staff Member

Can't imagine not seeing "cowboy swing" in Cheyenne anywhere they are dancing.

5. LindyKeya

LindyKeya Member

6. I'm not sure exactly what "cowboy swing" is, but do you know where I could find it?

7. Steve Pastor

Steve Pastor Moderator Staff Member

Sorry for this one (sort of), but you will see glimpses of it as one couple does it in this video.
    (Guess the video producers had no idea that this song would be #1 West Coast Swing beginner material for years.)

Basically, look for people standing in one spot doing pretzel like moves, flips, spins, etc. as fast as they can.

I think we might have a thread or two talking about it, and maybe I'll look for some stuff I have in books.

8. Siggav

Siggav Moderator Staff Member

:eek: That sounds like something I never want to even get close to dancing. Ooof. Good to know what to avoid. I know different strokes for different people and what I don't enjoy others obviously do so that's all fine, but like none of that for me. Sheesh.