Swing Discussion Boards > Swing in Eastern Pennsylvania - Where?

Discussion in 'Swing Discussion Boards' started by luh, Mar 22, 2005.

1. luh

luh Active Member

@dancin/dj
    as it looks now - I'm going to the colmar penn club, to go swing dancing.

@pyg
    this friday and saturday are impossible. (I'm flying at saturday)
    next friday or saturday might even be possible. if i find again someone who gives me a ride. (on wednesday my brother is still there - on thursday he is going for a tour), so I'm not sure about the driver issue. (i doubt that my parents are going to give me a ride.
    But maybe i can convince them - why? would you be there? is there a band going to play?
    luh

2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

I wish I could be there, luh. I'd love to meet you. The reason I seem to know what's up is that I spent most of my life in the area you'll be visiting.

But now, I live 2000 miles away. :( So maybe we can meet when I make it to Germany? :wink: :D

3. luh

luh Active Member

that sounds like a big trip for one dance :D
    "If you'd ride with me we would be there in under one hour - 2000 miles 2000mph " ;)

If you make it to Germany tell me - seriously - it'd show you some german swing scene! Every time! I'm high school student - plenty of time ;)
    (But don't go to berlin - that is on the other end of our country - even if it's way smaller than some other country...)
    luh

4. dancin/dj

dancin/dj Member

so luh you will be at colmar this wed the 30"th? im pretty sure i can make it there.

5. Serendipity

Serendipity New Member

Pennsylvania people :) while i was dancing in school there didn't seem to be anything around as far as swing, ballroom, and latin goes. i'm so trilled to run into PA people...granted i'm not there anymore...i was from Erie and moved to Fairbanks AK

6. luh

luh Active Member

fun, hope to see you there. You'll probably recognize me immediatly - i look as on the avatar pic i have.
    but how can i recognize you?

another thing which popped into my mind this morning - you have age limits don't you? is that one on that evening "all age"? that would be important - since I'm getting 17 yrs old, and one of my friends is 20. The rest is above 21. Do you know a way to figure that out? If yes can you tell me?
    luh

7. pygmalion

There's a minimum drinking age of 21. Maybe not an issue.

I don't know about the dance in Colmar, but a lot of the public swing and ballroom dances are non-drinking. So no issue. (I'll go take a look at those links. That info may be listed. Or maybe you know dancin/dj?)

And many establishments that sell liquor will still admit minors, but not serve them drinks.

It's probably worth finding out in advance. 8)

8. dancin/dj

dancin/dj Member

luh i know 90 percent of the people that go there so you'll be easy to spot :) ,you can get into the dance but can"t drink,its held in a vfw hall( retired soldiers hang out) there not at the place on wed"s)of course i"ll pick you out and intro myself

9. luh

luh Active Member

hm, i wasn't planning on drinking since i know the age limit - but i mean - is there an age limit ? Would be good to know if there is one - in any case.
    luh

10. dancin/dj

dancin/dj Member

to get into the dance there is no age limit :)

11. luh

luh Active Member

hi dancin/dj
    I'm really sorry and strongly disappointed by myself. My brother who was supposed to drive me tonight told me this morning that he won"t because it isn't 40 mins, but 1 1/2 h to get to colmar from nazareth. i wanted to telll you so that you won't look for me tonight. Again sorry - i'd really loved to dance and meet you.
    luh

12. pygmalion

Hmm. According to mapquest, it's an hour. Well, 58 minutes. *shrug* Bummer that you can't make it. :(

13. pygmalion

Uh. Okay. dancin dj is right, you know. 40 minutes from Allentown is about the same as an hour from Nazareth. Nazareth is north and east from Allentown.

It really is a bummer you can't get out dancing. Hmm. Maybe there's something going on this weekend? 8)

14. luh

luh Active Member

posibble, but the potential drivers are away. they left all - few this morning at 5 am, the others just right after lunch. so I'm now the only interested one for dancing anymore.
    maybe if there is something in allentown.
    gotta check on it.
    luh

15. luh

luh Active Member

i just looked again at phillyswing, and found some links to a plymouth place. gotta find out how far that is. there is one on thursday and friday nights.
    luh

16. pygmalion

Plymouth Meeting? Yeah. I seem to remember seeing something there, as well.

According to mapquest, it's 1 hour, 5 minutes from Nazareth to Plymouth meeting. I don't have exact addresses, but, IIRC, that's pretty close to the timing I'd have guessed. (Although be careful. Traffic around Plymouth Meeting mall can be pretty gruesome during Friday evening rush hour. By around seven to seven thirty, you should be fine, though. 8)

17. dancin/dj

dancin/dj Member

hey luh i was there last night-i was looking for you for a hour and a half and kept checking the door.i just logged on now.well im off to florida for 10 days and i'll stay for 4 days with my brother who just married a girl from germany 5 months ago, i was looking forward to meeting u ,perhaps some other time. i live 8 min from ply meeting its a older crowd there., on fridays sometimes 150 people go-have fun where ever u go :)

18. dancin/dj

dancin/dj Member

a lots going on in the philly area these days,nice to meet u :)

19. luh

luh Active Member

@dancin/dj

philly is 1 1/2 h away. no chance. :evil:

but i hope you're going to have fun at your brothers, maybe cu another time.

luh
    p.s. i finally got my zoot hat now. - was a birthday present :shock:

20. pygmalion

Happy birthday, luh. :D

Life gets easier in a lot of ways when you get older and have your own car. It gets more complicated, too, but at least you don't have to depend on someone else for a ride. *shrug*