Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > SYTYCD 6 - week 7 of comps.

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by RickRS, Dec 8, 2009.

1. samina

samina Well-Known Member

this is what i was drinking last night. just turned on the show... wish i had another margie with me! :)

i'd like to see ashleigh, ellenore, kathryn, jakob, russell, and legacy in the finale.

so that means... ryan and mollee would be going home tonight. lessee what happens...

2. Nybz

Nybz New Member

Happy with the first four safe. I still don't know who of the four left I'd want to stay :-/

3. samina

samina Well-Known Member

wow... ryan made it. what a thrilling ride ahead for ryan & ashleigh together, am happy for them!

legacy and mollee will be in huge demand after this, i believe, even tho they didn't make the finale!

and congrats to ellenore, kathryn, jakob, and russell!

4. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

Didn't get to see most of last night, but happy with the results. Mollee has been bugging me since the beginning. And LOVE Russell, although gotta wonder why's this poor guy keep having injured partners? Is he doing something to the girls or is it just bad luck?

5. I am very pleased with the results. I have to admit I was concerned for Ellenore and am so happy she made it. I am another one who did not care for Mollee from the beginning.

Yes, I am very happy, too, that Ryan made it but like I said yesterday, I would have liked to keep all four guys.

6. dlgodud

dlgodud Active Member

Dang! My prediction was incorrect. Lol. Glad I was wrong.

7. Casayoto

Casayoto Member

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!! NO MORE MOLLEEEE!!!!!!

Done shouting now. She seems like a sweet girl, but I've been ready for her to leave since week 2 or 3. I'm really glad that Ryan's in the final too. I would have been okay with him being cut, but if Mollee had stayed, I would have been pretty ticked off. I'm curious to see how they do the finale with six people.

8. RickRS

RickRS Member

While I've watched every season, seems like I alway forget what the finale structure was like.

Next week has an hour for Tuesday and two hours for the Wednesday finale. With only a hour, likely it's still two couple dances and a solo from each of the six? I do remember past seasons having the guys together and the girls together for a dance for some direct comparation of "best" guy and "best" girl. I think they did that last season, but was it in an hour long Tuesday performance show?

9. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

They had threesomes last time.

(minds out of the gutters, guys)

10. I am SOOOOOOOOOO surprised that Legacy is out. Although I couldn't decide which one I wanted out - I liked all four boys.

I can't believe Ashleigh got in! But I wanted her in and I'm happy Mollee's gone, though she looked so sad :(

I'm curious to see how the do next week too. Did they really do threesomes last season? I only remember it being Kayla and Jeanine/Brandon and Evan...

11. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

I distinctly remember the 3 girls as superheroes, and the 3 guys as.... um, something else where Evan didn't quite fit in.

12. Casayoto

Casayoto Member

The threesomes was for the top 6 show, which lasy time wasn't a finale. The top 4 was. This time, they're ending with the top 6. So will they still try to have every guy dance with every girl? Plus a guys dance and a girls dance? Or will they treat it like the regular top 6 show? Which would mean Ryan and Ashleigh might not dance together, which would just be a shame. Who knows?

13. Yeah I remember the super hero thing and it was for the top 6 show last season. I dunno what they're gonna do.

How does everyone feel about them starting auditions for season 7 so soon? I guess now they're permanently doing it season to season as opposed to once a year...not sure how I feel about that. Takes away from the wait of it all.

14. RickRS

RickRS Member

I remember Evan dancing in a male African dance number. And he actually did pretty good.

Confusing; when it was announced that SYTYCD was going to the fall it was supposed to be a move, no more SYTYCD as a spring/summer show. Which I didn't like, as DwtS for fall and winter, followed SYTYCD in the summer, was great. But I'm even happier with SYTYCD on twice a year!

Edit addition:

Looked it up on wiki; the African dance was night of the top ten. Top six week: male group dance was a Sonya jazz number. The finale was week 9, with Evan, Brandon, Kayla, and Jeanine.

Wiki also stating producers didn't want to air the finale on Christmas week, so they shorten from the normal 9 week with top four finale to 8 weeks and a top six finale.

With that, and the World Series causing the first two weeks with the top twenty to be single combined performance/judges result show, this was been a different SYTYCD than any past season.

15. Beto

Beto Active Member

Where did you read this? My understanding is that SYTYCD is now a fall-only show and will not air twice a year. This year being the exception to facilitate the move to the fall season. As much as I love this show, I do wonder if I would enjoy it as much by having it on twice a year.

16. jennyisdancing

jennyisdancing Active Member

I also thought it was moving to a fall-only schedule. But I started to wonder after the last show, when Kat announced that auditions for season 7 would begin in January. That would be unusually early to start tryouts if the next season is ten months away. I remember they had winter auditions when the series aired in summer.

Update: found this article that may confirm it's going back to once a year...but it doesn't say which season of the year.

17. RickRS

RickRS Member

Beto,

Like JennyisDancing said, Cat announced auditions start in January. That's also on the FOX SYTYCD website. I can't remember where, but I saw something about SYTYCD returning in April, which would put this back as the spring season follow-on show to American Idol. Can't find or remember where I saw info about the show returning in April, now.

As to two seasons a year like DwtS; I just jumped to conclusions. You know what they say about "assuming"....

18. Beto

Beto Active Member

I see what you mean about the website. Typically auditions are in December-March, with Vegas callbacks around April in time for the show's debut in May. Hmm. I guess FOX is happy with the ratings and wants to make the show twice a year?

Right. I'm a fan of the once-a-year format but FOX and Nigel might have other plans. Time to check Nigel's Twitter and see if anything is mentioned...

19. Beto

Beto Active Member