Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > Sytycd s7 w5

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by wooh, Jul 7, 2010.

1. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

All I can say to start with is

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :-(

2. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

And now extra big selfish nooooo!!!!!! The week he was supposed to do my absolute fave dance to watch with Anya? NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

Bollywood did it? I'm not a fan of bollywood, so this just makes me hate it. I blame ALL bollywood for ruining SYTYCD for me. Boo!!!

(Where are all my fellow SYTYCD fans? Did everyone else just get the memo that Alex was out and gave up on the show totally? I can't be the only one heartbroken here.)

4. I second. Although I don't blame bollywood.

5. chica latina

chica latina New Member

So is Alex officially out? or are we still waiting on MRI results?
    He was my fav. and always was looking forward for his next performance..

I havent' finished watching the show (only saw 1st half) but so far Lauren (sp?) surprised me with the ChaCha, much better than other contemporary dancers in the past and Ashley did try to get in character for HipHop.. and really enjoyed Jose's performance (seem very honest and real).

-Kent :I didnt really buy it,
    -Adechike:maybe routine was too much acting vs dancing; plus sometimes he seems to anticipate the reaction to Courtney's moves
    -Robert: not a great partner. Everytime that he was in contact with partner seem to be rushing to let her go... plus he let her fall in her butt (surprised that judges didnt mentioned it or was it her fault? not sure.)

Now things aside, they are all amazing..

6. Mengu

Mengu Well-Known Member

Billy's Macavity was entertaining for me. It was one of the few redeeming parts of the show last night. It's what happens on the show when choreographer meets perfectly suited dancer for a dance. My other favorite dance was the Travis Wall prom routine. I think he made good and clever use of Kent and Lauren's talents and youth. Lauren's chacha wasn't embarrassing either. I really would like to see her make it to the final.

Really sad about Alex, hope his injury is not as serious as they think, and he can dance to save himself. If he can dance I'm confident the judges will give him a pass.

Not too impressed with Robert or Ashley. Jose was okay. Adechike I think will be in bottom 3, and if Alex can dance, Adechike would likely be the one judges send home.

7. samina

samina Well-Known Member

<<saying not-so-silent prayer for alex... and all his fans...>>

8. chica latina

chica latina New Member

Watched the other half.. and everything got reversed (loved contemporary by Kent and lauren), thought Adechike did better than what they gave him credit for. I feel the same way as Cat.. why can Jose get away by adding individuality to the Bollywood but not Adechike? I enjoyed Billy's first piece more than the hunter/jaguar one, but thought did ok in both

I would guess that bottom 3 could be Robert, Alex and Adechike?

9. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

What a wretched ending! ARRGGGHHHHHHH!

Oh, Alex, you better come back next season!!!
    GRADnfsakfsdkalngghumm,itt!

10. Mengu

Mengu Well-Known Member

Next season's show will be renamed to: "So You Think You Can Dance Against Alex Wong?"

11. Casayoto

Casayoto Member

I don't know what you guys saw in the cha cha. I thought it was awful. They didn't give her much actual cha cha to do. Mostly she just stood there and shook her butt, and then did some lifts with Pasha. The couple times that she did some actual cha cha, I thought it was horrible.

And did anyone else want to slap the taste out of Nigel's mouth when he said that Robert had an advantage over ballroom people in the quickstep because unlike them, he had technique. I get so sick of his acting like contemporary and ballet dancers are superior to every other dancer.

12. chica latina

chica latina New Member

It was so sad to see Alex go and know that he'll have to go through an operation and stop dancing for a few months.. I just wish him fast recovery and hope he can come back as strong as he is today..

13. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

I feel so bad for Alex! I wish him a speedy recovery and hope that he comes back stronger than ever!!! My prayers are with you, Alex!

14. samina

samina Well-Known Member

hah... that cracked me up... wondering was it ignorance or just glibness?

15. samina

samina Well-Known Member

feeling same, luce... *hugz to alex*

he has a bright future ahead of him, tho, that's for sure. i do hope i get a chance to see him dance again the future.

16. Mengu

Mengu Well-Known Member

Yeah, when I heard that, I gave my tv a look of "what does that mean?" :eyebrow:

17. TAK

TAK Member

Wait...wha? He said that? (I didn't watch the show.)
    What is that supposed to mean?

18. Beto

Beto Active Member

Considering that glib can also mean a lack of understanding or accuracy I'd say both. :D

On a serious note, I believe that Nigel's more well informed than he would lead us to believe. I just think that he's taking his "role" as head producer and judge a bit too seriously, or too far, by throwing out these soundbites that are designed to amuse or infuriate us. It's working. ;)

19. Ithink

Ithink Active Member

I did a double take too but *I think* what meant was that he had an advantage over regular people new to ballroom like he is in that he had other technical dance training regular people who start ballroom don't. I.e. he knows what good posture is, etc. At least I hope he meant that!

20. chica latina

chica latina New Member

I agree with you, except about his posture.. His butt was sticking out all dance, and I noticed how wardrobe was made in a way that will kind of hide it.... maybe that's why Mia keep asking him to take ballet, so he will make his center stronger and tight.