Tango Argentino > Tango and kissing strangers

Discussion in 'Tango Argentino' started by MadamSamba, May 22, 2004.

1. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

Kissing on both cheeks as a greeting to someone you know is quite normal in the Salsa scene in Scotland. It's certainly not the norm in the Scottish society in general though, and I found it very strange and awkward at first.

You know you are a salsa dancer when you start going around kissing people and don't think twice about it...

2. Genesius Redux

Genesius Redux New Member

You Scots are not among the most cuddly and effusive people are you? :lol: Me, I don't need salsa as a reason--I'm Italian, and I kiss everyone! :lol:

3. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

You are right! :lol: Ever heard of "the Glasgow kiss"? No? That's what we call a head butt!

4. squirrel

squirrel New Member

I used to hate kissing... but this is the norm in our Salsa scene too... a fellow dancer (my former instructor), when he moved from London to Bucharest, found it weird that whenever we meet (sometimes 3-4 times a day) we kiss... now he's used to it!

5. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Social kissing is great. It took me a while to get used to, though.

6. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Only social kissing Jenn? :wink:

7. Genesius Redux

Genesius Redux New Member

:lol:

You Scottish women can be headstrong--but I understand that there's a deep well of passion awaiting the guy who's man enough to discover it!

8. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

I actually prefer a kiss on the cheek to shaking hands. You never know what people were last touching before they are shaking your hand, but you can bet that their lips were in cleaner places!

9. pygmalion

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd better not comment. :lol:

10. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

So, does that mean you're going to let your actions speak for you? :shock: :wink:

11. pygmalion

:wink: I always do. :lol: :lol:

12. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Okay - note to self - head to Florida and meet Jenn.

13. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

Let me know when you go so I can join and meet you and Jenn at the same time. :wink:

:idea: Hey, how about a DF reunion in Florida? :D