Ballroom Dance > Tango Formation Team Pranks Instructor

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Dr Dance, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Dr Dance

Dr Dance Well-Known Member

During the first run through at dress rehearsal, the entire team pulled their prank. First the ladies' solos. Then the mens' solos. Then the men each danced to join with their partners for the remainder of the dance. The catch: Each man deliberately went to the wrong partner!

"What are you doing?!" she screamed!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vbm2l3yxjaeuv75/TradePartners.mpg?oref=e&n=149864609

Purr and MaggieMoves like this.
  2. MaggieMoves

MaggieMoves Well-Known Member

Love doing things like that... keeps the atmosphere light on what can be brutal practice sessions.

Dr Dance and Angel HI like this.
  3. Dr Dance

Teacher got "even" with us! Now she is teaching choreography for a Viennese Waltz formation dance with basically the same group of students. During a recent run through, she speeded up the music! The resulting chaos had us all flummoxed as she giggled uncontrollably. Revenge? Perhaps it was just an accident. STOP LAUGHING MARY!!:D

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
  4. Dr Dance

Update: Our second performance at the Promenade Dance Sport Facility yesterday afternoon during the weekly tea dance. Viennese Waltz... a variety of styles. Although we may not win any awards, we appreciate that we are nine couples of like minded goals. Glorified social dancers who like to perform.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/44ctqatvj97kuc8/Floor View 07-23-17.mpg?dl=0

(Time sensitive. May not be available after 08-23-17.)

5. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

I pranked a coach once. If she felt that you were letting your center sink in, she'd grab your belt and yank it forward and up to make the point. One day, I got an old black belt, cut it in half, and then taped it back together with electrical tape so the cut wasn't obvious. I deliberately slumped my posture during the coaching, until she grabbed my belt and yanked -- and it came off in her hand! She nearly died. :D Later, my instructor told me, "you should have worn some really loose pants, so they would have fallen down!" :p

Dr Dance and Mengu like this.