Tango Argentino > Videos > tango milonguero Jenny Fauvier Guy marrec

Discussion in 'Videos' started by bordertangoman, Aug 22, 2008.

1. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

2. Zoopsia59

Zoopsia59 Well-Known Member

Can you translate the comments? It looks like one of them is saying that it isn't "milonguero"?

3. Lilly_of_the_valley

Lilly_of_the_valley Well-Known Member

It's saying the end is not milonguero.

4. rui resende

rui resende New Member

not a good example of Tango, no feeling

5. Angel HI

Angel HI Well-Known Member

This is a perfect example of my reply to your other thread about the 3 top performers. The OP posted....

....but, you (rui) didn't feel the same. I have seen worse. Further, it is milonguero...not typically danced for stage. It is, thusly, unfair to post so emphatically that it is not good and void of feeling.that there is no feeling in that tango. Yes?

6. rui resende

rui resende New Member

has a tanguero, i believe that your hearth as to be present when you dance!
    like a known milonguero said " «El tango es una emoción contenida que después explota. No se puede decir así se baila el tango, uno lo baila como lo siente, es una creación"
    the name is Petroleo,
    I belive in 3 things when i,m dancing.

1 conexion (partner and the music)
    2 feeling (so many definitions)
    3 technique ( that alows to interpretate the music, the feeling, and put it on the dance floor)

7. newbie

newbie Well-Known Member

I fail to see what was emphatic in his post. I also fail to see what was unfair btw. If "just niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice" is valid then "no feeling" is valid too.
    I'd say there is no feeling for the music. That is, if you have an mpeg editor you can offset the music by 16 or 32 tempi and it will suit the dancing just as well.

8. bordertangoman

I guess I ought to reply:

For a stage tango to my mind it is understated and for this reason is far more enjoyable than many stage dancers who go all for for as many opportunites to display how clever they are. I think the musical interpretation is quite sensitive and IMO they are dancing with feeling. Being from France thay have a certain "je ne sais quois"

9. Angel HI

BTM, you are so funny when it comes to these. I agree w/ your post, but your french trans to "I don't know what (...I'm doing"). :D

10. bordertangoman

touche and whatever the French is for "Doh!"

"D'eau!" perhaps

11. bordertangoman

I thought it meant this:

"NOUN: A quality or attribute that is difficult to describe or express: “Fishing has lacked a certain je ne sais quoi in terms of its public image, as all activities must that involve beer, worms and one-size-fits-all gimme caps "

"je ne sais quoi :
    An intangible quality that adds or makes something attractive or alluring.
    She has a certain je ne sais quoi about her. "

12. pascal

pascal Active Member

You're correct about the meaning of Je ne sais quoi. A little flavour difficult to define but which makes all the difference. Technically it only means something that you cannot define precisely but there is also the implicit meaning of something positive. We would not say There is a je ne sais quoi in their dance that ruins the whole thing. We have other expressions for this. For instance, "There is un truc qui cloche in Jenny & partner's dance, not sure what, might be they're somehow ignoring the melody."

13. Angel HI

This is correct. My post was more jestful than corrective.

Exactly.

14. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Oy...French..

:)

15. bordertangoman

Coming to a show near me......and maybe a milonga too.

Ooh La la!