Tango Argentino > Tango Shoes & Salsa Shoes

Discussion in 'Tango Argentino' started by Salsera-danij, Nov 4, 2007.

1. bastet

bastet Active Member

yes- I have never felt a more balanced shoe than CiF. They truly mastered perfect heel placement in all their heights and heel types. No ballroom shoe I have ever put on has nearly as good a balance.

If they would only start putting some PADDING in them now, that would be SOOO helpful...and not the nasty stiff padding that seems to pass for padding in most tango shoes either....

But if you have a look at the attachment photos... it's pretty easy to see the difference in heel placement in the 3" (black and red) versus the 3.5" (red lame'). Just draw a little line up through the heel to the heel cage in each one and you'll see they are placed differently. Both are perfectly balanced...but the higher ones place your own weight more forward.

2. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Yeah, could be nice. Not for most times when I dance in them (something about feeling them that thin that I like)...but for weekends when I'll be doing way more than the usual amount of dancing it would be nice.

I wonder if you could have them stretched and have a cobbler put in some padding...or get some stuff from a drug store or whatever and put that in. I'm not going to test it with my shoes, of course :rolleyes:, but I wonder about it.

Edit to add: I LOVE your all red pair!

3. bastet

bastet Active Member

I have no problem pulling up sockliners and gluing in stuff...it's pretty easy to do. I tried it in some cheap shoes and it worked out fine- couldn't even tell I had done it.

I buy CiF a little large on purpose so I can insert little foam m*etatarsal pads...cuz' my feet are old and crotchety. :rolleyes:

A quick PS- Only the red and black ones can I call mine...the very pretty lame' ones were a little too small and too high in the heel when I went to try them on at Jennifer's...she just asked for a bunch of red ones cuz I was looking for red...now I have to decide how to "adjust" the red and black ones with a little more ...decor...the trade-off for me seems to be I can get 3" heels, but they often need a little extra because they are a little "plain" in design...

4. waltzgirl

waltzgirl Active Member

A rhinestone design on the front would look nice (of course, I'm so far gone that I think rhinestones look nice on just about anything :D). Do tango people do rhinestones?

A little OT, but I'm wondering if anyone has done latin or rhythm in tango shoes? I've yet to find a latin shoe that feels stable to me, so that fact that people find tango shoes more stable than ballroom sounds appealing.

5. bastet

bastet Active Member

The few times I tried to dance some ballroom in my tango shoes (cuz they're so pretty!) the stiff soles can work against you (and made my feet hurt) so you would have to probably be careful what brand you look at and don't get a leather sole. Neotango's are pretty flexible. I often feel they have better flexibility than CiF...there's a brand called Victorio (sp?) Tango that has super- flexible soles...I think this is they sell some of this brand under their own name on the www.thetangoshop.com.

I am thinking a my red/black shoes need a little bit of black on the front to tie the black heel cage to the rest of the shoe so I came up with this thought...a little lace and sparkly red/black rosette...just a hint of extra to tie things together. The sad part is...I had just gotten these shoes and then broke my toe.....

Attached Files:

6. Me

Me New Member

I have! Bolero is a COMPLETE joke! My partner laughed because I had absolutely no rise and lower in the feet. ;)

7. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

I think the rhinestones on anything/everything is more a ballroom thing, lol. I don't see many AT girls with them. Maybe that's just me, though...my AT shoes, even though they're CiF's, are very plain.

I have done rhythm in my old AT shoes, but I wasn't really doing it to the level that you are, I'm sure. You wouldn't be able to get the point that you probably want with them (the soles aren't that flexible--and AT "point" is much different than a latin/rhythm point). Since I don't do it, I can't say how you won't be able to use your fee the way you need to, but I'm sure you won't.

OTOH, if you have the $ to spend and are looking for a great pair of dress shoes for some reason, I'd look really hard at CiF's. Just as pretty, if not prettier, than most of what I find in the stores...and actually wearable.

8. bastet

bastet Active Member

I second that...if you have cash to spare for nice dress shoes for just wearing outside...CiF is just as pretty as other dress shoes (and there's plenty of wild and crazy styles too!) and they have more flexibility in them than a regular street shoe so they are more comfortable.

9. Twirly

Twirly New Member

I agree too!

Also agree that the 3.5 heel and higher tend to have nicer designs ... though it depends on what they have available on the day, sometimes they have a lot of pretty things in 3 heels as well. But they are usually plainer, not as sexy, sometimes even a bit old woman. I especially don't like so much the shape of the front that is common in the 3 heels - I think it's the one in your photo above. It hurts my toes.

10. bastet

bastet Active Member

I can understand that. I'm a little in between sizes myself and so I go next size up so I have room to put m*etatarsal pads in. This also gives extra room for my toes...otherwise I prefer open toe shoes myself.

11. Steve Pastor

Steve Pastor Moderator Staff Member