Tango upside down

Discussion in 'Videos' started by opendoor, Nov 17, 2013.

1. opendoor

opendoor Well-Known Member

Found this little tango scene with Pablo Veron dancing at Youtube

2. LadyLeader

LadyLeader Member

I liked the scene, way they have filmed and the atmosphere but as usual I don't understand his dancing. I have been on his workshops and he was dancing live at the milonga but I still don't get it.

What do you appreciate in his dance?
  3. opendoor

opendoor Well-Known Member

I find their dancing looks a bit like DWTS or L´D (RTL): simply manage to make one´s way from pose to pose. As far as I´ve read Kirsten Dunst was no tango dancer at all.

Think he does´t make an effort any more. He´s legend, that´s enough.

He was kind of my first tango teacher (when I still was no dancer at all). So may be kinda blind obedience or so?
  4. sixela

sixela Active Member

Pablo Veron's actually not a bad social dancer at all (and as a teacher can be the best or the worst, depending on the vibe from the audience. I'd never take lessons from him in the US, given one experience I had a long time ago).

As far as the movie choreography is concerned, it's pretty typical Hollywood fare (with compulsory inclusion of all the clichés), which is more than a bit disappointing from an Argentine director. Probably not entirely Pablo Verón's fault, since the dancing in the Tango Lesson was a lot better.