Tango Argentino > Videos > Tango Zen- the Documentary

Discussion in 'Videos' started by bordertangoman, Nov 30, 2010.

1. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

2. jantango

jantango Active Member

I find it interesting that he is asking for expertise and donations in order to produce, promote and distribute his documentary film. He has been filming the milongueros without offering them any compensation whatsoever while he makes his living in tango workshops in Europe and the USA. Now he wants others to foot the bill so he can bring his film to fruition?

I am happy to let you know that I have been working on a documentary film about tango. The film, titled Tango Your Life, is based on my experience of living and dancing in Buenos Aires, where people dance tango to express their feelings.

The film features stories of tango dancers, who frequent in milongas in Buenos Aires. For them, as I learned, tango is something that helps them find their passion for life, love, and soul. In the film, for example, Roberto, who is 90 years old with more than 70 years of dancing experience, says, “Tango rejuvenates me.” Gyles from Auckland, New Zealand talks about his tango passion, which has been strong enough to dare him to move to Buenos Aires so that he can dance everyday despite his blindness. The film is full of stories like these.

You can view its TRAILER at http://www.TangoZen.com and the complete film is due to be released by early 2011.

In order to complete this documentary project, I ‘d like to request your financial donation. Your generous donation will be greatly appreciated.

Besides the financial donation, I am in need of assistance in producing, promoting, and distributing the film. If you are interested in working on this project, please let me know. We can arrange for collaboration.

Also your advice and suggestions on how to produce, promote, and distribute the film will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Chan
    http://wwwTangoZen.com
    TangoZen@hotmail.com

3. Mladenac

Mladenac Well-Known Member

4. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

thanks for sharing

5. bordertangoman

making movies seems to cost a lot of money, and unless you have the backing of a TV station; its probably hard to get off the ground..there seems to be quite a few "tango movies" in production, but I guess its of minority appeal....

unless the Portenos wish to document their own stories which would be no bad thing.
    .In the UK we have old people recounting their tales, but I dont know if anyone listens.....

6. Captain Jep

Captain Jep New Member

I seem to remember another tango film project that was also asking for donations. Anyone remember which this was?

7. dchester

dchester Moderator Staff Member

It looks like it could be a pretty good documentary, but I'll be making my donations elsewhere this season.

8. bordertangoman

I'm being Scrooge at the moment....no donation.

9. shutterbox

shutterbox New Member

Sorry getting out of topic, but does anyone know who that man in white crew neck shirt is, dancing closes the camera from 4-19sec into the clip?

10. Zoopsia59

Zoopsia59 Well-Known Member

I don't understand your point. If he doesn't have the money to produce (etc) the film, how was he supposed to have money to pay the participants?

Besides, documentary filmmakers usually have backers. What's so unusual about this? Hardly any films get put together as completely solo ventures.

11. jantango

jantango Active Member

If you don't have the money, then you don't make the film. He's not asking for investors, he's asking for donations.

Here is someone who obviously has money to produce a tango documentary:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_1UcaB95vo