General Dance Discussion > tell me what you think of my new dance idea??

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by laneywest, Oct 25, 2003.

1. laneywest

laneywest New Member

I am opening up a dance place for everyone who loves disco and dance and is ready to loose weight as an option...
    I recently came up with an idea ..I wanted to share its called disco days...witch is a day disco.... set up to help people loose weight while they dance to their faviorte disco music ..as in my day it was the only way I stayed thin......incorperated with that is a diet bar and diet smoothies drinks ....and absolutly no fatning stuff here...then I was going to have the colorful lighting and disco ball with the dim lights so it lookes like a night club ...It is for professional hustlers who want to dance and practice steps and moves...... OK now whats your opinion? thanks Please tell me...:) Laney

2. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

Welcome to the forums Laney, it's very nice to have you with us!!

Your idea sounds like a good one... it worked pretty well for Richard Simmons! One thing to definately consider is if there is a demand for that type of thing in your area... that would play a big part.

I'd say that if you have a real passion for this idea and the service it would provide then go ahead and take the steps to prepare yourself to do it. I don't know you or you background of course but it is important to do what you enjoy and follow your heart.

3. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

I second Swing Kitten

When I started dancing a little while ago I lost 5 pounds straight away, and those stayed off!!! And I was pretty fit: running 3/4 miles, biking everywhere, lifting weights couple times a week...So the idea of dancing to lose and keep weight is a pretty good one. And you have fun while doing it. :lol:

However, I personally I would not go to a place that advertised dancing as a way of losing weight and keeping it off. Don't take the following ranting too seriously/personally as people often say that I go off the deep end on this, but I cannot help myself. :wink: It's one of my pet peeve's, like having an age limit for drinking, but that's for another day.

I hate diets and these other American/Western cultural ideas such as low fat this, 99% fat free, zero fat... I say if you want to have something enjoy it as it is supposed to be, fat and all, and not manipulated and treated until it is a shadow of it's natural state... Let your body tell you what to do. I find that I just naturally have less of the real stuff then the diet food.

4. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

I think it's an American/Western idea because most other places it isn't a problem or even a possibility... while something like a little over half of the US population is overweight.
    :shrug:

5. smoothdancingirl

smoothdancingirl New Member

I think it's a great idea! But why limit yourself to only disco. Have other kinds of music that will be on the dancing program. :)

6. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Yeah!

Have each day of the week be a different dance night. Some people like disco, others like latin...some like ballroom and some like swing... I know a local club that does that a couple nights a week. It has a latin night on Tuesdays, an 80s night on Fridays...and something else on Saturdays (I don't quite remember...) Very different groups of people come to each night...and it has worked out well for the club.

7. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Depending on the interior layout you can double up too! :D

I've been to clubs that have floors in seperate rooms -- ballroom music on one, slasa on the other (talk about my dream!), but the same concept could work for you with whatever genres are popular in your location.

8. MissAlyssa

MissAlyssa New Member

cool idea!

9. dancersdreamland

dancersdreamland New Member

Welcome to the Forum Family!

Sounds fun...can you open one in my area.

10. laneywest

laneywest New Member

THANK YOU GUYS.....I think its a great idea too...I was also thinking that on different days and nights have the following...salsa....swing...country line....disco....tecno....rock.....50s.....an so on....I also am going to have smoothy drinks and diferent diet nutrional good drinks and food that s really good for you.....as you dance your pounds away to the best music....I am in the process of finding investors and if you tell me what town your in I'll try to get to your town as well....Thanks you for all your ideas...... :lol: also....professional dancers are going to have a discont and can come on in and dance away .....I will run contests and keep it inspiring and motivating....with nutritionists and dance coaches and diet instructors.....watch yourselves on the BIG TV Sreen!!!! I am so excited I can not wait to get it starterd...be well...Laney

11. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

Let us know how it goes! Best Wishes!