Dancers Anonymous > The 1,000 Post Club!

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by DancePoet, Nov 1, 2004.

1. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

Ah! So we have another twin on DF :D Pygmalion has a twin sister, and I have a twin brother (I don't have your problem of telling which one is which in photos).

2. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Reminds me. I still haven't seen a picture of Jenn. :cry:

3. Swingolder

Swingolder New Member

A twin brother would be different. My sister and I were really close when we were kids and still think alike a lot as we are older (although I cannot get her to try dancing). Is that true with a twin brother too?

4. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

My twin and I are fraternal (like you and your brother, Mac,) but we still seem to have a mental/emotional link, even thousands of miles apart. And we had this weird cyclical thing going on for years -- when she was sick, I was well, and vice versa. It was strange.

There are lots of identical twin studies, but everyone seems to assume that fraternals are just like other siblings. I don't think so. That good old nature/nurture argument at its finest. Somebody should do a comparative study of fraternal twins and identical twins, with non-twin siblings as a control. That would be interesting (to me, at least! :oops: :lol: )

And my twin won't get anywhere near a dance floor, either. Wonder why. :?

5. dancin_feet

dancin_feet New Member

Could the the opposition thing pygmalion. Instead of fraternal could be oppositional as opposed to identical. You know like one is the evil half and one the good half? :lol: (not that I'm suggesting one of you is evil! :twisted: )

6. pygmalion

She's the evil one. :wink: That's for sure. :lol: :lol: :lol:

7. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

MacMoto quoted DancePoet: "Course the first 500 seemed to take forever, and now that I'm addicted to DF, the next 500 were easy! :)"

And wrote: "Have you noticed the number of posts seems to shoot up when you start flirting online? :wink: :lol:"

Me? Flirting online? Nah, but all this talk about twins got me to thinking maybe it was my twin brother, not me. Then again, does alien abduction ring a bell? ;) :lol:

(And no ... I really don't have a twin brother in case anyone is wondering.)

8. DancePoet

MacMoto wrote: "I speak from experience -- that's how I got to my 1500th :lol:"

Oh is that how you did it! :lol:

9. pygmalion

I'm coming up on 13,000. But is anybody celebrating ME? No. Is anybody creating a 13,000 club? No.

*Sniff* I feel so alone! :( :cry: :lol: :wink:

10. DancePoet

pygmalion wrote: "I'm coming up on 13,000. But is anybody celebrating ME? No. Is anybody creating a 13,000 club? No.

*Sniff* I feel so alone! :( :cry: :lol: :wink:"

Hmmm ... I'd say if you slow down someone might catch you and you wouldn't be alone anymore. ;) Somehow I don't think that will happen. :lol:

11. pygmalion

Ummm.... probably not! :lol: :lol: :lol:

12. DancePoet

Then again, if the right rooster comes along who knows what might happen! :lol: :lol: :lol:

But then again, wasn't it a chicken that said, "The sky is falling! The sky is falling!" ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

13. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

Well, if we created a 13,000 club, how long do you think it would take for others to join you there anyway? By then, you would be needing a 50,000 club! :lol:

I'm celebrating you instead by nominating you as the Woman of the Year 2004 for your enormous contribution to DF :wink: :friend:

14. pygmalion

Thanks, sweetie. :bouncy:

15. DancePoet

I second that nomination!

16. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Jenn just hit 13000 posts... thirteen thousand!!!!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: (count 'em! :wink: )

:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:
    :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
    :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

17. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Congrats Jenn.

18. danceguy

danceguy New Member

There once was a frog
    Who met a little dog

And said "I can't think of anything that rhymes with 1800."

19. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

20. DancePoet

This is the 1,000 post club. Pygmalion already belongs and was likely on of it's first members. :)