Ballroom Dance > The Aussie dancer's thread

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by WaltzElf, Apr 6, 2008.

1. QPO

QPO New Member

thanks Sam, we were not expecting anything and the results are way more than we expected. but now the hard work begins!...

2. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Very well done, especially to pretty much skip level 2 standard.
    Can't wait to see you guys dance again, I don't think I've seen you since you started competing.

3. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

congrats QPO and Vagabond! Way to go!!!

4. mummsie

mummsie Member

congrats from me also. Enjoy level 3. Its the best level of all. You get the best of everything now because from level 3 you can usually dance up to level 4 and you are also now able to dance open events :) It really sucks being level 5 because we only get once chance and because you are dancing against people who regularly win, you often get overlooked at this level. ENJOY!!! - mummsie :D

5. Vagabond

Vagabond New Member

Thank you for all your support, and we have indeed been told that this level is the best to be in........ we will try to have as much fun as we can but do realise that we have to train hard to live up to the standards of level 3. Yes Canberra was great and there was a very strong field in all levels so we are very surprised but pleased. In a way it takes the pressure off of us and we are gaining more confidence into our own performance. Lets face it you can't see or feel your own progress as much as others can. So we will continue to have the best of times regardless win or loose.:razz:

6. QPO

QPO New Member

I agree :p ;-)

7. QPO

QPO New Member

Yes we are over the moon, we went out just to enjoy ourself and were amazed.

Thanks for the best wishes

8. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Moderator

Movin' up! :rocker: Congrats, QPO and Vagabond!

9. QPO

QPO New Member

Thanks TC....we are back at training, have to up the routines now since we have skipped a grade...have 6 weeks till the state titles but we will give it our best shot.

10. QPO

QPO New Member

bumping up before we get lost in space :p

11. Lioness

Sorry! Normally I'd be here to keep conversation going, but this is my only internet until saturday.

12. Vagabond

Vagabond New Member

Are you and DP/BF going to attend at the state titles on the 29th August Lioness?

13. Awww is DP your BF Lioness ?

14. QPO

QPO New Member

yes he is..I will fill in for her while she is with Grand Parents and no internet... :)

15. QPO

QPO New Member

we are off to two workshops today 1. for New Vogue and 1 for Modern with Mark Wilson, will be interesting to hear what he has to say.

16. mummsie

mummsie Member

you will enjoy them. Did a couple a few years ago when he came up to Qld. He is very good. :) - mummsie

17. Vagabond

Vagabond New Member

You are absolutely right, the guy is amazing and such a nice person. I have learned so much in such a short space of time that I am afraid that I will forget how it started. But if he comes again I'll go again.... might visit him in Vic.

18. QPO

QPO New Member

yes a week in I am still trying to remember all his information, oh well will try to do my best. Now have to start leaning all the NV routines properly our next comp is going to be the Premier in September....

19. Lioness

Yes, yes we are. We've been putting off doing a proper competition for too long, so I've talked DP/BF into doing this one...I think.
    He has agreed to go in it, but wont say whether he actually wants to or not. Apparently because I want to that's an automatic signal that he will do it.

It's great I guess, but I don't want to annoy him too much - he does this with everything.

oh well...

20. Lioness

Yeah. He was DP first and BF later, and it's working very well.