Ballroom Dance > The Aussie dancer's thread

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by WaltzElf, Apr 6, 2008.

1. QPO

QPO New Member

have decided to go to the Premier in Melbourne in September...so that gives us one comp per month now till the Aussies...from August on

2. QPO

QPO New Member

did too much last week, was so tired yesterday...had a 3 hour sleep in the afternoon. feel better today but this week we will pace ourselves. Must get to bed early sometimes

3. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Am I the only Aussie still around? We've faded into obscurity

4. latingal

latingal Well-Known Member

It has been very quiet in here....

glad you're still with us Lioness!!

5. Lioness

Yay!

Welcome in Latinace.

6. mummsie

mummsie Member

I still check in every day as well - mummsie :D

7. latingal

glad to hear our aussie contingent hasn't gone missing on us! *grin*

8. OzDancer

OzDancer New Member

Never noticed this thread before. But nice to see other Ozzies on here. Incidentally, I was thinking the other day I might make the Great Trek to the east coast next year and do Qld open, Vic Open and NSW Open (since they're on consecutive weekends). Thoroughly enjoyed my first Qld open this year.

Who's dancing the South Pacific champs in October?
    Crazy busy now until the end of the year. We have 2 comps a month until the Oz champs in December.

9. QPO

QPO New Member

I have not been here for awhile lots happening in my life that has not been positive

10. QPO

QPO New Member

we are going to the premier and perhaps will do the Souths next year....after that we are going to strictly masters before a home comp then off to the aussies. Every trip now is preparing us for the aussies and am looking forward to it :)

11. QPO

QPO New Member

Oz Dancer do tell us what is happening in WA have thought that we might do a comp over there next year. My sister lives in freemantle thought we would go and visit

12. latingal

Good to see you back QPO, hope that things are settling out and trending to a positive note instead!

13. mummsie

mummsie Member

We are in Qld and are going down for the Souths and the Aussies this year. Last year we only did the Souths. Our son is also going down for both. Qld Open is usually a very well run comp - I was involved for some years in the actual running and er running (floor runner supervisor for a few years). They certainly do a good job of making sure it runs smoothly. :D - mummsie

14. Yes me too .... sigh ..... coach and partner have not been working out well .....

It gets to the point where either we need to change our coach or I need to change partner. Or both .....

The dynamics are all wrong ....

I need to make a decision on whether to take care of my self and my dancing versus not hurting anyone's feeling.

It sucks as I always think too much about other people's feeling !

But thing is because of this my dancing has not progressed as well as it could.

It really sucks and I am starting to feel very depressed...

Maybe I should stop dancing for a few weeks and quit BOTH coach and partner and start again from scratch.

Just a few things I would like to do differently had I have the opportunity to actually start again.

15. Lioness

DGD...I had that problem a while back. DP likes to be able to discuss things with teachers, and often asks why he needs to do something rather than just taking the teacher's word as law. It is not him trying to be difficult, he just wants to know the theory behind it so he understands better. A lot of teachers take offense at him always asking why, but we've found one now who is good at talking.

16. QPO

QPO New Member

Yes I hope so too. Dancing has been the thing that has given it stability. My mother went it for surgery and did not survive. I say to people that I am normal on the outside but cant smile on the inside.

we could not train for a few weeks but we are now back into the swing of things

17. latingal

QPO I am very sorry to hear this, you and your loved ones have my thoughts and condolences...be easy on yourself for awhile, the loss of a loved one has deep impacts.

18. QPO

QPO New Member

thanks L...it certainly does, more than you expect...it just takes time.... :-/

19. QPO

QPO New Member

we are off to the premier this week-end.. our third interstate comp this year...second in Victoria. Looking forward to it....