Ballroom Dance > The Aussie dancer's thread

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by WaltzElf, Apr 6, 2008.

1. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Goodluck!

2. dancer86

dancer86 New Member

So sorry to hear this QPO. My Dad died recently too. My thoughts are with you.

3. QPO

QPO New Member

thanks for your wishes.....things are getting better but am not back to normal self yet....we have been practicing hard.
    But someone told me it take a long time if ever to get over the loss of a parent. The whole dynamics have changed, it would have been her birthday tomorrow so those feelings rise to the surface again.

I hope to have fond memories more than sad ones.

4. latingal

latingal Well-Known Member

glad to see you back QPO!

I hope that you will feel better soon. But I know, these things take time. Warm hugs....

5. dancer86

dancer86 New Member

I don't think you ever get over this loss either QPO. I lost my Mum some years ago and losing Dad made it even worse. Yet in another way, I feel they are together now. I still feel sad most days.

6. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

we never get over it...we just learn to walk with it in ways that hurt less ...

7. marksbras

marksbras New Member

I am going to be in the Adelaide CBD area for a couple weeks in August (from the US). Are there any suggestions of a place where I might be able to either try to see about a couple lessons or practice to avoid getting rusty. I dance the Intl Standard style. Thanks.

8. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

I'll PM you...depends on whether you want social dancing too.

9. marksbras

marksbras New Member

Thanks for the outstanding information in the PM - it was extremely helpful!