Salsa > The Best Salsa Dancer in the World

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by Matrix, Aug 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

My pleasure Jenn. You were a major part of the team that helped build the DF into what it is (and still continue to do so, even if now unofficially), so I'm sure you appreciate, even more than most, how seriously we take our community here.

2. macha

macha New Member

Guys- really... was his initial post SO inflammatory that you felt your eyebrows scorched off? Did you lose sleep over it? I think this one was a case of Twocentsitis, LOL :roll:

Find the harm in his saying "The Best Salsa Dancer in the world is Johnny Vazquez." I don't even know who the guy IS, and I don't care- yet. If you do, yay, that's great. Just disagreeing with what someone says does NOT make THEM a troll, or other "unsavory character" as per hints I'm reading. It goes both ways.

PS- The best Salsero in the world is Zumi, IMO :wink:

PS the Second: Or... is there something that I don't KNOW about The Matrix that you all do? If so, I stand corrected, and offer a bottle of A1.

3. SDsalsaguy

Only because of an unfair advantage! Two extra feet! :wink:

4. africana

africana New Member

Yes, plenty.
    there's no need to go searching the web (although that would be enlightening), just read all his posts from the last 4 days

5. macha

macha New Member

:lol:

Some guys have all the luck,
    Some guys just rear and buck!

6. macha

macha New Member

AHA, ok, then- I stand corrected. Here's your A1, and here's some Mrs. Dash.

7. Matrix

Matrix New Member

How weird that in a public forum that emphasizes on "community" one cannot make a simple statement as: "I think this dancer is good, the best, or whatever..." What a nice way of welcoming new posters, btw.

So, I guess that either you're with the management on every single point and in agreement with all the influential posters OR you get immediately warned about your account being deleted or banned???

Wow!

I was going to say next that I like Burger King more than McDonald's, but I guess I should ask what you guys like first so that I can intentionally start posting in "agreement" with you all so that I don't run into any trouble.

I actually liked MM's approach the best... This guy says that he likes this dancer, I wonder why? ... hmmm ... let me ask, let us have a conversation, let us have "community" here...

Oh well... thanks for the inputs though. And the last thing I'll say is that Maradonna, along with Prince, and Johnny Vazquez are some seriously badass personalities on this world!

8. africana

africana New Member

please matrix feel welcome, it's just that most people here understand how to make their point with respect for other people, and more importantly, respect for forum members different than ourselves, with different viewpoints, backgrounds and such. Being open.

that's community

Diss-missing others or their views with negative language or sexist slant is not respect

9. SDsalsaguy

You didn't say "I think that..." though Matrix, you said "IS." Maybe you don't see the difference, but there's a huge one.

To be fair I think that any interactions you may have had with other DF members on other sites belongs there... on other sites!!! That being said, coming in as a new member and announcing that any guy taking a lesson from a woman is "wasting his time" and that your favorite dancer "is" best doesn't come across all that well to those of us who are just "meating" you.

10. Matrix

Matrix New Member

could you please direct me to my disrespectful remarks??? :shock: I think that would be a great way to go...

bro... did you know that KFC is better than pollo loco.

Also, Soccer is better than basket ball, but not better than volley ball.

Likewise, Merengue is a waste of time at the clubs.

--- Now, please feel free to express your "opinions" freely... and if I am well-rounded enough to simply establish a conversation with you on your ideas, please don't get offended. I promise not to take offense at your usage of the word: IS... :?

11. SDsalsaguy

Sure I understand that your posts are only expressing your oppinions. What you seem to be ignoring is that stating those oppinions as facts discredits and disrespects the oppinions of all those who hold a different viewpoint. Maybe you agree with me, maybe you don't. Either way, WE (not I) take such issues of tone to heart here. I'm trying to help you out here dude. Do with it what you will.

12. Matrix

Matrix New Member

SD ... how weird ... :lol:

Yeah, and you know what... (let me sound like you for a bit) ...I think that you disagreeing with my personal opinion is very disrespectful to me! You really hurt my feelings! I am bothered by the fact that you simply don't agree with me... Gosh, why don't you realize that you hurt me and all of those who think like me... HOW DARE YOU!! :cry:

13. africana

africana New Member

man take a couple days, read this board, see how other people reason and even argue with reasonable words, tone and language without attacking or belittling anyone

It's quite different from what you're accustomed to, you might like it 8)

14. Vin

Vin New Member

Before we say one person is the best salsa dancer in the world maybe we should define what makes one salsa dancer better than another.

There are no points in salsa. It's a completely subjective discussion.

15. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Well said, africana. DF is a very pleasant place to be, IMO. And it is very different than a lot of the boards out there. It grows on you, after a while. 8)

16. macha

macha New Member

Is every board the same in that it only feeds "the bad one" by responding directly to them again and again, instead of just locking AND DELETING the thread and booting the user?

I know it's not anyone's INTENT to "feed the flames", as it's human nature to try to "change" people, but sometimes just whackin' it is the best option.

17. macha

macha New Member

Ok, perhaps I should have phrased it differently than whackin' it... :shock: :oops:

18. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

On a forum all we have to tell what a person means is by the way the person writes. Wheras it is easy to be careless with word choice when other people can observe and hear you and see what your intent is/was this cannot be done with just the written word. This is why we ask people to take a little extra care in how they express themselves.

19. Matrix

Matrix New Member

is there such a thing as "a tone of voice or of type" (as in typing) on the world wide web?

is my web-voice sexy enough?

Gosh... ok, forget it... now I'm really NOT starting that Burger King vs. McDonalds thread UNTIL Africana tells me what she prefers so that I can post in accordance to her thoughts...

please Africana, what do you like more... the big mac or the whooper?

20. africana

africana New Member

whopper with cheese please :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.