Salsa > The Best Salsa Dancer in the World

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by Matrix, Aug 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

Noon in which time zone? :roll: :wink:

Okay, I nominate Janet Fuentes Torres (Cuba/UK) and Griselle Ponce in the women's section. Also, I believe Fernando and Alyra from Tropical Gem have two votes each since Matrix and I have both nominated them. And can I also vote for Fernando in the "danced with" category SD proposed? :mrgreen:

2. africana

africana New Member

this polling thing is a joke right? it's not even a representative sample for one, and the originator is still quite obtuse in his aproach to this whole (original) topic ("JV is still the best"). That's why even though I know of most of the famous dancers and have seen most in person I haven't even bothered to legitimize this madness

Or maybe you guys are trying really hard to make this thread worthwhile
    (gawd knows I would deleted it all and then some...) but then you guys are in another class, so patient

3. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

I would prefer a slightly different approach, as well, africana. Something along the lines of "favorite" salsa dancer, rather than the "best in the world" would make the topic a bit more palatable for me, especially if the reasons for preferences were given. 8)

But eh! I wrote this thread off a couple days back. The antagonistic tone of some posts makes it impossible for me to take the discussion seriously. Hence all my joking. I think joking helps diffuse some of the mean-spiritedness, as long as the joking itself doesn't become mean-spirited, as well. It's a fine line. :? *shrug*

4. yola

yola New Member

yes please (favourite). change it coz we still have to define 'best'.
    Some dancers on the list are great performers, some are great teachers, some are great social dancers.

i've seen a lot of them (and danced with some) socially, but mostly they're still PERFORMING on the social dancefloor, not dancing socially at all.

i would like to nominate some more nevertheless (since we haven't narrowed the definition of 'best' down yet. A mixture of favourite dancers and performers):
    men: Al Espinoza, Paul 'Gallito' Baarn, Mouaz (paris)

women: Candy Mena, Sévérine (Paris), jv's partner (can you believe it? i googled around like mad, but NOWHERE the IA ladies are named...
    :shock: )

BTW: i think there are more men on the list simply because there are more well known male salsa dancers. and, imo this has NOTHING to do with them being BETTER. But b/c they have the bigger urge/need!! to proove themselves, show off... i think it's a genetical (and socially enhanced) thing.

5. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

That was my intention (and I suspect DP's). 14 years of marriage has taught me patience and the art of selective hearing :roll: :lol:.

Of course I could have simply directed people to an alternative thread for a more civilised conversation... heck, I might do that anyway. :lol:
    :arrow: Salsa: The Hall of Fame (Dancers)
    Also
    :arrow: Salsa: The Hall of Fame (Musicians)

This somehow doesn't surprise me... IA is all about JV (and Ramon). Ties in nicely with this thread :arrow: Is Salsa becoming a Stag Dance?

6. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: :D

Nope, unfortunately he won't be added, but your post had me laughing and smiling which is a good way to start the day!

Once again DF comes through in the clutch! :D :D :D

7. DancePoet

:lol: :lol: :lol:

And Macha, here is another one, two in a row to crack me up. Thank you!

8. DancePoet

Enough said. 8)

9. DancePoet

:lol: Very funny! :lol:

10. DancePoet

:oops: Good point. Eastern Standard. My apologies to my good friends around the world for not being more specific initially.

I'll add your suggestions. :D

Perhaps we can have a "danced with" category. I'll see what I can come up with ... hmmm ... :idea: maybe two seperate threads :!:

(Well DP, even your conscience likes that idea. ;) )

11. DancePoet

:wink: You are wise being so careful. :D

12. DancePoet

Oooh! Oooh! Oooh! Nice idea! Maybe having two and titling the polls Favorite Male Salsa Dancer and favorite Female Salsa Dancer. :idea:

Ayuh, think this could work. :D

13. DancingMommy

DancingMommy Active Member

You know what we do to old, sick animals, right?

14. DancePoet

:idea: Hmmm ... this is giving me some ideas for my post that will set up the poll. ;) Thank you! :D

I'll include these as well.

15. DancingMommy

ROFLOL! Good thing my drink cup was empty. Egads I'm such a slacker. I should be finishing up my dad's accounting from last year.... But noooooooooooooo..... What am I doing? Goofing off on the DF. Heh. It's a good life.

16. DancingMommy

Gawrsh.... :blush:

17. DancingMommy

Batten down the hatches guys..... It's gonna be a bumpy ride....

(Stop mixing your metaphors, DM)

What a ridiculously immature, pedantic, mysoginistic response. Egads! What is the world coming to....

18. DancePoet

Bravo MacMoto! I love you! :D (And no, this is not a flirt this time. ;) )

Also, how are things going with the new "bus"? What's it been now, 7 to 8 months? Long time to ride a bus sweety. ;) :lol:

Interesting, maybe I will check these out. When I have time. :roll: :wink: :lol:

19. DancingMommy

And Beelzebub's Fun House is putting up ski slopes as we speak.

Ayuh.

20. DancingMommy

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH I'm SO rolling on the floor at this. At least the laughter keeps the ickies at bay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.