Salsa > The Best Salsa Dancer in the World

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by Matrix, Aug 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

That's what I meant by not getting sucked in, macha. 8) The thing is, a lot of people come here with experience from other boards. So they communicate in a manner they're used to -- which may or may not work within the DF community.

So my (personal -- not DF) policy is to avoid the bad stuff as much as possible, but still explain how DF works, so the newbie has a chance to stick around long enough to decide if DF really is for them. 8) If they decide they like DF, people do sometimes learn to take the edge off their posts, in order to stick around for the long haul.

It's been known to happen. :wink: 8) :)

2. africana

africana New Member

actually my friend over here just talked to me about it and I changed my mind
    I want a Carl's Jr cheeseburger with bacon :lol: :p

3. pygmalion

Whopper Junior here. Too dadblamed many calories in the regular Whopper. :mrgreen:

4. macha

macha New Member

IMO, yes, I believe so. When I was in third grade, we read aloud from our readers, and were taught to "read it like it sounded", in other words, instead of "Oh, no. A ghost." it would be "Oh, NO! A GHOST!"... it's typographical inflection, to get all Hawking on ya.

And don't forget- some of us like Chik Fil-A over burger joints :)

5. pygmalion

Eat Mor Chikn! (Gotta love those billboards. :lol: )

6. Matrix

Matrix New Member

Macha... would you PLEEEEAAAASE stop screaming!

Sheesh... I'm only like 3-4 posts away!

And since we're talking about fat people eating a whole bunch of burgers, what do you guys think about people who get offended at the mention of "eating healthy"?

7. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

. . . then there are those of us who are vegetarians who throw the burger on the floor and eat the rest!

Best darned burger I ever ate!

8. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

"fat people"?

Careful.

9. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Very careful.

10. Matrix

Matrix New Member

WEll, I'm fat ... still looking to lose 10 pounds... :cry:

11. macha

macha New Member

Word of the day: Archetypal.

12. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

Every community has it own rules, and there is a guideline section that can be clicked onto which we recommend that all folks read and review them. You can express your opinions, but we all must becareful with how we express ourselves.

13. DancePoet

It's not necessarily what is said, it is how it is being said. ;)

(DP, of course there are things that could not be said here, too.)

Ayuh. 8)

14. DancePoet

And as long as we're hijacking this thread with a discussion of burgers, make mine a Wendy's with ketchup and cheese only. ;)

Then again I prefer my burgers broiled over an open fire! Yummy! :D

(DP, there you go again ... :roll: :roll: :roll: )

Well, ok ...

So far we have Johnny Vasquez, Sabor, Matrix, Frankie Martinez, and SDSalsaguy as possible contenders for Best Salsa Dancer. Anyone else?

15. tacad

tacad New Member

:lol:

16. yola

yola New Member

well? why wait? you seem to be a man of action!

cut it of and offer it to him.
    maybe he's interested.

17. DancePoet

:lol: :lol: :lol: Well I was thinking about mentioning me (not), but my salsa dancing skills are worse then my AT, and my AT is worse then my ballroom. And since my ballroom isn't very good, you can just imagine what my AT and Salsa skills are like, and thus I wouldn't stand a chance. ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

18. DancePoet

Now yola, we moderators are trying to get him to tone it down a bit, lets please not inflame him further? Thank you in advance. :wink: :D

19. yola

yola New Member

sorry..... was reading the thread from the beginning...hehehe, when i read that my evil self :twisted: suddenly took over and i lacked the strenghth to resist...

:tongue:

20. yola

yola New Member

i like Ramon better

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.