Salsa > The Best Salsa Dancer in the World

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by Matrix, Aug 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tacad

tacad New Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:

2. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Funny you mentioned that name . . . I decided to f/o today, and took the afternoon off.

While knocking theses words around, I'm watching a movie, "Bound For Glory" - a movie about Arlo's dad . . . Woody Guthrie.

3. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ah the magic of laughter! :D

4. Matrix

Matrix New Member

and all of that was supposed to be funny?

:x

5. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Uhh... yeah. :wink: :lol:

6. DancePoet

Only to some. ;)

Hope you have a better day tommorrow! :D

7. Matrix

Matrix New Member

I'm having a good day at SW, my home... that's what counts... :p

8. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

. . . that's sad!

9. tacad

tacad New Member

:shock: You mean it wasn't? I could have sworn we were being funny. :? :wink:

10. tacad

tacad New Member

And what counts is that we are having a good time. 8)

11. Matrix

Matrix New Member

there are so many different stages of evolution when it comes to being funny on message boards...

Cocolo is @ the highest level ever, you guys are like babies...

12. pygmalion

*giggle* You say baby. I say quirky. :wink: :lol:

13. DancePoet

It is unfortunate that you seem to be having a less then super day here. :(

Cheer up! Tommorrow is another day, and even if the sun doesn't shine on your parade, the world is a better place when we make lemonade from lemons. :D

14. dancin/dj

dancin/dj Member

matrix,to me when someone says there the(best) and i mean for real ,it means no one in the whole world can take that person even the best consider this (one special person the best of the best),your pic of this dude humping some girl(i would use other lingo but gotz to stay in bounds) is crude and he may be a good dancer ,but based on the pic (you posted of him humping a girl -to me he"s a pig,and i also totally dissagree with you qoute that a girl should never admit she's wrong-its always the guys fault in dance,blah blah blah,your a player and use that to make yourself look good to the ladies who are tricked by that line, to those who know better kudos, as they say it takes one to know one(im a recovering player 8) ,so i know the tricks(disclaimer im soooooooo much better now ladies :)

15. tacad

tacad New Member

*blows rasberry*

:tongue:

16. tacad

tacad New Member

Well said dancin/dj! A female dancer friend of mine would say this:

Ladies, if you cannot take the blame, then you cannot take the credit.

17. Matrix

Matrix New Member

bro... I do agree that the pic is kinda weird and yes, it was a sexual move, and yes, from what I hear he might be a playa, but that has nothing to do with his dancing ability... which can easily be seen by the links to the video clips I posted. The guy has an extraordinary dancing ability and that's all I was commenting on. If you, personally, feel that him being "a dog" (as you call him) devalues him, then that's your opinion and I personally respect it. I'd rather you tell me that, than cuss me out cuz I think he's a bad knat dancer and you don't agree. You're cool bro.

And as far as the line in my signature... actually you're wrong about your assumptions of me. Bro, I have more female friends in the salsa scene than you would imagine and that's only because they know that I respect women. I've only had like... let me check... uhmmm... 1 relationship in 2 years of dancing and EVERYONE knew about it. It wasn't the type that they guys try to hide and play it off like they're single when they are alone at the clubs. Just now, very recently and almost 8 months after my break-up (I don't jump from relationship to relationship), I am starting to be interested in someone else who is equally interested in me and it kinda shows already, but nothing's for sure. But you bet your knat that when it's open, it will be very clear who I'm with and a lot of things will change... like, girls coming up to me and just grabbing me to dance with them... nuhuh... no more, and many other things.

But as far as the saying bro... A LOT OF PEOPLE in the L.A. Salsa Scene know that I say this to girls and it is "the guys who are bad leads" that don't like it. I started saying it to *friends* when I realized that other guys would blame them for mistakes. I personally have always thought that since I'm leading, I should know how to properly lead a woman, no matter what her level is. Some guys don't think like this and when things don't come out right on the dance floor, they blame the girl for being a bad follow and I absolutely hate that! So much do I hate it that I almost kicked the ish out of a guy who made a friend of mine cry out there. To this day, whenever I see him, he knows better than to dance with my friends in front of my face... --- Bro, you should think the same way and all women should KNOW that they should NEVER apologize to guys on the dance floor. NEVER! If you are in a car as a passenger and the driver runs into another car, who's fault is it?? Now, you could say... "well, the passenger was taking my attention away..." ... B.S. ... you were the one driving, you were the one responsible.

Oh well, that's a whole different topic and one that I can really, really elaborate upon... but it would take too long and as it is, this post got too long already.

How sad that the first idea you had when you read that line was that I was a player... Perhaps you are the kind that blames women for mistakes you LEAD them into? Who knows...

18. Matrix

Matrix New Member

tacad, are you a male???

19. pygmalion

Oy! :doh: :(

20. kdogg

kdogg New Member

It takes two to look beautiful and elegant on the dance floor. To blame one or the other entirely is going to an extreme; the right path lies in the middle where both must do their parts, and share the praise and blame together. Yes, good leaders are those who make the followers look great just as good followers are those who make the leaders job easier.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.