Salsa > The Best Salsa Dancer in the World

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by Matrix, Aug 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matrix

Matrix New Member

no wonder you got 21,000+ posts... :lol: you're always here and post that type of stuff... :lol:

cool bro! (where's the clapping smilie?) :clap:

KDOGG -- A leader's job will definitely be easier when a great follower is dancing with you. But have you ever noticed how when 2 guys are sharing 1 girl, she will look better with one guy than the other?? Do you think it has to do a bit with how the guys lead than her level??

I am confident that it is BECAUSE of my attitude about the importance of my good leading that I can make the same girls look better than other guys can. Some guys are too stuck-up to even realize this. Their egos are tremendous and blind them from the possibility of becoming better leaders.

2. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

If a person looks where the emoticons are placed on the posting screen there is a spot entitled, "View more emoticons". Just click on this and it will call up more choices, and ... you will find :arrow: :applause:

Hope that is helpful!

3. Matrix

Matrix New Member

I saw it... thanks, but realized the code was "applause" in between colons. I've had to learn so many codes in the past 2 years... :lol: it's not even funny. It's like every board has its own emoticon language... :lol: but some do remain the same, which is cool.

So far I have no way of expressing :dunno: :dontknow, :kiss, :heart, :crying, :ha, :sarcasm, :rotfl and quite a few more that come in very handy when you want to make a point. But oh well... have to deal...

4. DancePoet

How about :kissme: and :cry: :?: Those could work for two of your requests. ;)

5. Matrix

Matrix New Member

no, that crying smilie is like sobbing ... but the :crying smilie is one that shows the smilie crying uncontrollably, like when you are talking about something that's really bothersome and you want to show how much it hurts... such as "overstylers"

the kissing smilie is kinda lame and too big... :neutral well, this can work at neutral ---> :?

6. DancePoet

Well we love ya anyway Matrix. ;)

7. Matrix

Matrix New Member

awww...

don't get all cute on me, now... :? :lol:

8. DancePoet

Well your tone has seemed to change for the better and we appreciate that. :D

See, you can fit in if you try. ;)

9. Matrix

Matrix New Member

I really think it was more like: "he's the famous Matrix (as some referred to me :roll:), let's bash on him, let's tell on him, let's act as if he's speaking in politically incorrect terms, let's see if we get them off DF!" ... than anything else. I've done nothing but state opinions, share thoughts, ideas, post comments, etc.

10. DancePoet

Ah, but your tone has changed and we thank you. :D

11. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Speak for yourself, DP. :wink: :lol: I'm thinking a cool but cordial friendship is a reasonable goal, myself. 8) Love is out of the question, at the moment, IMO. :wink:

12. pygmalion

Actually, I spent more than a year of my life working on this board 25+ hours a week, researching, starting topics, keeping conversations going, and editing offensive posts. So yeah. I earned every single one of my 21 thousand plus posts, including the fun and playful ones I'm making now that I've retired as moderator. 8) :)

13. DancePoet

Ah! But that is all in how you define the word "love".

And I think we tried doing that on another thread somewhere. ;) :lol:

14. pygmalion

And... back to the best salsa dancer(s) male, and female... What do folks think about salsa dancers who've formally studied other forms of dance earlier in life?

15. pygmalion

Well yeah. If love equals acceptance of a person, whoever they are and at whatever level of emotional evolution, then I guess love it is. :?

Otherwise, cordial friendship is my limit. :lol: :lol:

16. pygmalion

And? :lol: :lol:

17. africana

africana New Member

yeah DP he is kinda cute when he's nice(r) :p but this board look like someone just flung a whole lotta doodoo all up in here

18. kdogg

kdogg New Member

Hey, I've also noticed when 2 guys share a girl they seem to have problem leading; but when they dance with another girl, they seem to be doing better. Leaders are capable of leading up to the point where followers are capable of following. You can take a horse to the river, but you can't force it to drink. If I'm a girl, I would be suspicious of the guy who keeps blaming himself for the mistakes even though when you know that you've a part to play. The point is leaders are not always responsible for every mishaps on the dance floor, as you assert.

19. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Ditto! :D

20. pygmalion

Amen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.