Swing Discussion Boards > The Difference Between WCS and Lindy Hop Enthusiasts.

Discussion in 'Swing Discussion Boards' started by Spitfire, Oct 23, 2003.

1. bgirlswinger

bgirlswinger New Member

i don't like to watch wcs,... i lvoe to watch lindy. I will do wcs- to soem songs- becasue they are fun. But I am not a big wcs person.

amber d.

2. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

:lol: wait, so how does that relate to footwork again?? ah.. it's really not important... most people just call it which every way they learn it. :shrug: ;)

3. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

I agree . . . however, the only time that I've ever had to use "terms" is when I'm taking a private and the teacher says to do "a continuous basket whip, with an inside lady's turn, exchange hands, to a forward lunge dip, take her out with two phantom turns, to a double arm lock, ending up by spinning the lady out to an anchor."

I usually say . . . "what was that first one you said?"

J/K . . . but if you get my drift here . . . if you do know some of the terms that go with the moves, you won't lose valuable time ($$$$) by having them show you one of those particular moves.

So, so learn them . . . they're important.

4. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

I normally assume that the same move will be known by more than one name.

In our beginning WCS class, our instructor shows us the men's footwork first for the basic whip, then for the inside whip, and then for outside whip. Then she says what should have been obvious if we had watched her closely enough: the men's footwork is the same for each of those whips.

And the men's footwork for the locked whip is ... the same. For the woman, it's like when a man goes shopping: go straight in, stay there a moment, then straight back out.

5. tsb

tsb Well-Known Member

what he said - although i'd consider it true of all 'club' dances.