Dancers Anonymous > The Girly-Girl Thread

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by hustleNflow, Aug 28, 2008.

1. hustleNflow

hustleNflow New Member

I just realized I spend the bulk of my boring work day buying clothes and makeup and other girly things online...which got me wondering what girly things the rest of you ladies are loving right now! Here are my latest obsessions...

-my new Bare Minerals blush
    -Body Shop mango body butter (ok, not a new obsession, more of a perennial fave :))
    -the new Victoria's Secret adjustable cleavage push-up bra (pretty colors!)
    -my new lavender cardigan from Arden B.

:kissme:

2. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

eesh...other than ballroom related items I have none of that, except that I used to own pink crocs, which I have lost...probably for the best

3. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

Curious how many men are going to pop in here.... :rolleyes:
    Most of them run away screaming when we discuss certain female issues.

4. hustleNflow

hustleNflow New Member

I don't know, etp did venture onto the crush thread the other day...:nope: And now more than ever, men are becoming more metro...I had a conversation with the guy that works at the coffee shop downstairs yesterday about eye cream! And no, he is not gay...he has a girlfriend!

5. hustleNflow

hustleNflow New Member

PINK CROCS?! Sorry darlin', I'm kinda glad you lost those wretched things! :nope:

6. samina

samina Well-Known Member

am definitely into pampering type stuff, and keep it to natural/organic products as much as possible. i buy himalayan crystal salt by the 25 lb bag (peach can attest to this ;)) for soaking. i love aztec mud facials. sitting in my sauna. waxing brows & other bits & pieces. not "girly" per se.

but i like things pink...:rolleyes:

7. nucat78

nucat78 Active Member

Well, I ventured in and I will slowly back towards the door b/c ANYTHING I can possibly say will get me in trouble...

8. fascination

etp is young...he will learn;)

9. fascination

yep...they were way takcy but I broke my sandals last year in epcot and all they had were minnie crocs around

10. fascination

am not into pink...did alot of dead sea mud for a while but it was too doggone messy and didn't smell nice enough

11. samina

samina Well-Known Member

himmy salt is pink. and i add rose oil to the bath.

at a recent comp, during late-night noshing at the bar, i ended up wearing deep pink capris, a pale pink v-neck sweater, a long, hot pink scarf around my neck (to combat the wicken AC), and my pink flip-flops. i didn't *mean* to overdo...

pro told me i looked "too cheerful". heh.

12. fascination

I wore hot pink yesterday to the gym(skort and cami) and with the bright blonde comp hair and dark dan...they started calling me barbie...never again ;)

13. samina

samina Well-Known Member

thank goodness my inclination toward pinkness is usually tempered by black. or brown.

and i no longer have the barbie hair... which didn't work well on my anyway.

14. fascination

I like to temper w/ black...brown is so... not me...have always been a blondie but today, well, high octane blondie with streaks

15. fascination

okay back off to the dungeon before I begin hyperventilating again

16. samina

samina Well-Known Member

happy practicing. barbie...

<runs & ducks>

17. fascination

shaving one of your eyebrows off while you sleep

18. Laura

Laura New Member

I can be VERY girly when I want to be. My girly obsession is shoes. However I'm on a budget for a while and am trying to refrain from buying any except for dance shoes. 43 pairs of street shoes is probably enough anyway.

19. samina

samina Well-Known Member

lol. reminds me...earlier this year, i actually waxed off a good portion of the bushy end of mine by accident the day before a comp. had to pencil the thing in til it grew back. pro and i recently had a good laugh recollecting that...haha.

20. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

I'm a Barbie girl, in a Barbie world. Life's fantastic, made of plastic.