Dancers Anonymous > The Girly-Girl Thread

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by hustleNflow, Aug 28, 2008.

1. QPO

QPO New Member

I have ordered a new pair of dance shoes from a vendor in another state, they said it would be around four weeks, I rang this week only to be told it will be another four weeks, so I continue to dance in my practice shoes which are not the best.

2. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Well-Known Member

:pokes head inside, runs screaming:

3. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

C'mon TC...we've been quiet for a month.

Hang on...girls being quiet for a month??? What's wrong here?

4. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

Month? How about a year? Or did I read the last-entry date wrong?

I've never encountered this thread before. And I could use some Princess Lessons, so I'll be paying close attention. Girly-girly I'm not. But shoes? I gots lots shoes. The black patent 3" heel, peep-toe platform slingbacks (louboutin influenced at 1/4 the price, made in Spain and with shocking pink soles) are at the top of my adore-list ATM. They make my legs look fantastic. Add in a pair of black fishnets w/rhinestone seams, and I'm good to go. (Where, I don't know. But I'm good to go there. ):)

5. samina

samina Well-Known Member

LOL...you scare easily.:cool:

6. samina

samina Well-Known Member

in serious need to girly-girl pampering session. mebbe this afternoon...if i'm good.

7. samina

samina Well-Known Member

wow, these sound great...

i'm in sore need of new shoe-age.

8. gracie

gracie Active Member

love the new peep toe boot.

9. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Oh yeah...a year and a month.

I'm good with misreading stuff like that.

10. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

Got these from Nine West: Love them!!!

[​IMG]

11. gracie

gracie Active Member

That's it!

12. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

Girly stuff.....well, I'm on board with the shoes and clothes. Since I started dancing, I've purchased more shoes and dresses than I've ever owned at one time in my life, and am always looking for another practice dress or pair of dance shoes. :) I also wear more makeup, and pay more attention to my hair.

Am contemplating some minior surgical procedures on my jaw line sometime in the not to distant future as well. But, never the botox thing. Scary!

13. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

How high is that heel -- 4 inches??

14. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Hmmm...cannot wear Nine West shoes at all. They kill my feet.

Can't say I'm much into shoes. Well, except CiF's, but they count as dance shoes...that also work well for street shoes from time to time. I think I spend less time on my hair and makeup when dancing is in the picture--I know I'll be drenched in sweat in short order, with makeup getting wiped off and my hair pulled back. Not much change in clothes--perhaps less, because I spend the money on lessons. I cut my toenails shorter, and more often, though.

I'm a coat whore, though. Love coats and jackets, and usually want more. Don't have nearly as many as I'd like to have purchased over the years, though.

15. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

I feel like throwing petals into my bath today... and I can't stop playing with my hair (love it when it's long, nooo it's not in a state of being classed as a 80's mullet yet). My DNA is NAD = Not All Developed :D

16. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

Peaches, I thought you were a sock whore? :razz:

17. DancinDrea19

DancinDrea19 New Member

18. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, those too. But there's a slight difference, in that I lust after crazy socks, but I go for expensive/elegant/luxurious coats.