Tango Argentino > Videos > The Maestros Return

Discussion in 'Videos' started by bordertangoman, Aug 3, 2009.

1. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

2. jantango

jantango Active Member

Heroes of what? Exercise or clowning around?

Capussi and Flores have carved out their niche in being different. It's entertainment, but it is not tango. They dance to tango music, but it's all exageration.

In the meantime, they teach this stuff at festivals. Is it any wonder that social dancing in tango is disappearing?

3. Me

Me New Member

Capussi and Flores are a joyous celebration of the diversity of tango. What they do is no way detrimental to social tango dancing.

4. bordertangoman

Capussi and Flores teach clowning around? Their parodies of tango and their humour is incredibly skilful and they work as hard as any tango performer.

Anything thats worthwhile is worth parodying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD946AvaNE4

like Meng Wang and Vladimir Estrin; I mean this is fun!

5. Angel HI

Angel HI Well-Known Member

Jan, social dancing is alive and well. One can not say that comedy is not acting because it is not drama, or strawberry is not ice cream because it is not plain vanilla. Yes, these guys are entertainers. Part of what makes them good entertainers is the expertise of their craft. Your question "...heroes of what..." had already been answered... heroes of the OP.

6. bjp22tango

bjp22tango Active Member

I enjoyed watching all the "alternative" tangos. This is what I love about dancing. That people get so good at what they are doing that they transend the dance and are able to dance the musicality, whether thought out and planned ahead or being spontaneous on the dance floor.

It's what recharges my batteries and keeps me enthused when dancing "just OK" social dances

7. bordertangoman