Dancers Anonymous > The New Photo Album

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by DanceMentor, Oct 7, 2003.

1. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

I've been making some changes at the Dance Forums lately to help make this a cool place for everyone to enjoy with no commercial interruptions.

A couple of weeks ago I added the Dance Directory. I appreciate it if you can submit your links to make this a great resource for people who need info.

And now...we have the brand new Photo Album. We already have 30 photos. Many of these were supplied by Jonathan Marion, who travels extensively to dance events around the World. We also received donations to help cover the cost of the Photo Album from vince a and pygmalion. I hope you will all express your gratitude for their contributions.

Since the photo album is in it's infancy, I would appreciate your help:
    1) Please submit your photos. They don't have to be professional quality.
    2) Please let one of the Moderators or myself know if you encounter a bug, such as not being able to add a photo. We can make arrangements to email the photos if all else fails.

The next item on the agenda will be to redesign the header of the page and make it uniform across all the sections of the Dance Forums. I'm sure there will be more additions in the future, but the main focus will always be the forums.

Thanks,
    David

2. testuser

testuser New Member

Another small change I made was to the latest posts that appear at the top of the page. If you click on [​IMG], it takes you to the last post of that topic.

3. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Great change DanceMentor/testuser!

4. testuser

testuser New Member

I was using testuser to try to figure out why normal users (unlike myself :lol: ), are not able to upload photos to the Photo Album. I still haven't figured it out, but I have a request with Photo Post tech support. I WAS able to get testuser to be able to upload, but I 'rigged it'. If anyone is dying to post, I think I could help you, but I plan to have it working for everybody soon.

5. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

I love the new page layout, DM. I was wondering who that mysterious testuser was! Came that close to sending you a welcome PM! lol!

6. DanceMentor

I think I fixed the upload problem. If someone (besides testuser and SDsalsaguy) could please attempt to upload a photo. I don't care what picture you upload (within reason).

7. testuser2

testuser2 New Member

OK, I tried as testuser2. I think we can all upload images now...so let's post some images!

8. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

OK, I gave it a shot.

Just wanted to see how it went . . .

I only sent 3, why so many copies???

9. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Also, I need to learn how to decrease the size. I noticed how much space I took up with only those 3?

Why did the photos end up in Member Galleries and General Dance?

10. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Hey Vince...All photos show up in Members Galleries as well.

As far as the other stuff...well, now I can't even find the up-load button anumore! :(

11. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

OK . . . kewl!

I tried to reduce the images as small as they would go, but I guess I need to shoot them with less pixels???

The upload button showed right up after I remembered to login! Yeah, I did that :oops:

Thanks for the pictures that you submitted.

12. dancer_of_god

dancer_of_god New Member

quick question, when i try to upload a picture, I get this message after about 3 min. saying "no more images were found" so i go and try to find my picture, and it's not there. what should I do? :?

13. dancergal

dancergal New Member

I got that same message after every photo was uploaded but mine are there.

14. dancer_of_god

dancer_of_god New Member

i searched the whole photo album for my photo- it wasn't there :cry: :?

15. dancergal

dancergal New Member

Vince!!! I think you look familiar but I don't think we've danced together. I do recognize your wife. Can't help that, she's in all the competitions. Great photos!

16. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Hang in there . . . it took me a few times. DM or SD will hopefully rescue you.
    The key things to click on: My Gallery, Upload, Browse, Submit, Process . . . then to upload to start another picture.

17. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Thanks, and you look familiar to me. I think we may have danced together. I never forget eyes . . .

Yea, Carolyn competes in just about every compeition . . . sometimes several a month!

18. DanceMentor

If you have any problems still, please let me know. I've helped several people so far. Part of the problem is the new software doesn't fully recognize you and your Session ID and cookie don't match. Here is how to solve this:

Go to Tools -> Internet Options -> Settings -> View Files
    Sort by Name ns lkook for cookie
    Delete the cookie for the dance-forums

Close all browser windows

go here:
    http://www.dance-forums.com/album/

It should work fine at that point.

I know it's not easy, but this should work. I'm going to need to call on an expert (and pay him) to help me with this, but it seems to be at least somewhat isolated and fixable.