Dancers Anonymous > The Pizza Thread!

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by DancePoet, May 26, 2005.

1. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

Ok folks ... how do you like your Pizza?

Where is the best Pizza on the planet?

Hot? Cold? Hot and Cold?

Do you prefer thin & crispy crust or thick & chewy crust or chicago style?

What is your favorite topping(s)?

What is the most unusual topping you've ever seen?

Ever eaten?

2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Hey. You left out home made, frozen or restaurant. (or other) And if restaurant, which? Franchise or independent? :wink:

3. DancePoet

I'm sure I left out alot of things. Folks can add whatever they'd like. It's a Pizza Thread. ;) :D

4. dancersdreamland

dancersdreamland New Member

MMM...I'm gonna get hungry on this thread...

My absolute favorite is a fresh-from-the-oven large Papa John's pizza (restaurant chain) with hand-tossed crust, pepperoni and extra cheese. Don't forget the side of ranch for dipping. YUMMY!

5. dancin_feet

dancin_feet New Member

My favourite pizza is the pizza a friend of mine brings over for free. She manages a couple of franchise stores and a couple of times a month, or if we feel the need to chat, she shows up on my doorstep with a couple of pizzas, garlic bread, chicken strips, etc. I usually have enough to take for lunch for a couple of days to work as well!!

She plays around with the toppings, so it's never a stock standard menu item. Though at the moment there is a promotion on with a pizza base with a cream cheese layer in the middle. My friend also puts pepperoni in with the cream cheese, and it is divine!

6. pygmalion

Yep. Definitely has to be hand-tossed for me, too, ddl. Never have understood the appeal of thin crust, although to each his own. 8)

7. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

thin and crispy

mushrooms, sausage, pineapple

8. dancin_feet

dancin_feet New Member

I also love the gourmet pizzas you get at the little italian restaurants. Just recently had a lamb pizza with fetta cheese, capsicum, onion, sundried tomatoes, herbs and double stretch mozzarella.

Yummo!

9. BrookeErin

BrookeErin New Member

we had pizza tonight :)

my absolute fave chain is Greek's

However, that's not available near home (near all the places I frequent though)

If we order it's Pizza Hut pan pizza with Mushrooms, green peppers, black olives, and onions

sometimes I like sausage and mushroom too

10. Larinda McRaven

white pizza is also great!!!!

11. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

white?

12. pygmalion

Never tried it. That's the one without tomato, right? 8)

13. Larinda McRaven

mozarella, ricotta, and some other white cheeze...

14. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Thanks. I figured cheese, but then there are cheese pizzas, so I was wondering what was so special about this one. I prefer cold pizzas, myself and for breakfast or as a snack when I'm hungry.

15. squirrel

squirrel New Member

I like hot pizza, with ham, extra Mozarella, mushrooms, corn, olives sometimes.

16. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

MY PIZZA is the best! Wholewheat crust, tons of cheese, tomato sauce with garlic and herbs, tomatoes, onions, green peppers, mushrooms, anchovies, ground beef and occasionally asparagus. Thick crust, not that paper-thin parchment crap. Lots of jalapenos on hand (& sometimes chipotles or even habaneros) for piling on later.

Japanese pizza is not to my liking, so I always make it myself. Japan takes the cake for oddest toppings- here's a partial list;

chicken nuggets
    corn
    rice cakes(omochi)
    sardines
    octopus
    squid
    mayonnaise
    cream sauce
    potatoes
    hard-boiled eggs
    grilled noodles
    clams
    marinated chicken
    seaweed
    cabbage
    teriyaki chicken
    (All of the above sacrilegious toppings are from the "Pizza Royal Hat" menu in my newspaper!)

:shock:

17. dancersdreamland

dancersdreamland New Member

Do we have an "I think I'm going to be sick" emoticon?

Didn't see one, but this is the first time I've seen this one... :bkick: ...so I felt the need to post it. :D

18. Swingolder

Swingolder New Member

Papa Murphy's -- take it home and bake it. Their supreme, double crust, is so thick with toppings and cheese, takes two hands to carry it. One pizza makes three meals for my dh and myself! Probably a zillion calories wrapped up with that double crust.

19. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

That's great! It's like "I'll kick yo' @ss if you put corn on my pizza!" :twisted: :lol:

20. DancePoet

Pepperoni with cream cheese sounds quite yummy!

D_f ... you are divine. ;)