Dancers Anonymous > The Pizza Thread!

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by DancePoet, May 26, 2005.

1. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

I still get the paper, though. And listen to news radio in the car. And watch the news, at least some of the time.

Online news rocks, but a lot of things never make the cut and get uploaded. So you get snippets and sound bites. Enough to make conversation, but no in-depth analysis.

If you want the whole story, read the Sunday New York Times and watch BBC news. :wink: :lol:

2. lynn

lynn New Member

i used to subscribe to papers everyday, except it was really annoying come recylcing day - that's why i decided to go the paperless route (and i've since convinced myself that i'm doing the environment a favour :lol: !)

3. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

I'm having homemade pizza tonight for supper! :D :D :D

4. lynn

lynn New Member

We ordered 2 Pizza Hut pizzas last night and I noticed the crust tasted a little different than the last time I ordered, now I'm wondering what's the difference between "Hand-tossed style" vs. "Pan Pizza"??

5. hepcat

hepcat Member

I miss good pizza. There's not any that's really great here. My favorite is from a little dive in my home town called Pizza Oven. That's near Buffalo, NY. I've never tasted anything like it anywhere else before. The sauce is sweet. It makes my mouth water just thinking about it. It's also a secret family recipe too.

I've since reduced my greasy food intake so I suppose it's a good thing I don't live near good pizza anymore (although some is not very greasy). I indulge when I visit my parents. There was a brick oven pizza chain in Boston I really liked and that wasn't greasy. I think it was called Bertucci's.

I used to like only pepperoni, but I've been experimenting some. I think my favorite is pepperoni and pineapple. I don't like the ham or canadian bacon that usually comes with pineapple (i.e. "hawaiian").

Now I'm hungry. I must go to lunch...

-Hepcat

6. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

favorite is pepperoni...like mushrooms spinach green olives black olives...and finely ground sausage as well but never met a pepperoni I didnt like...prefer thin crust or deep dish but not a thick crust...like alot of sauce...love cold pizza for breakfast....

7. Indiana_Jay

Indiana_Jay Active Member

Somehow, this doesn't surprise me! :twisted:

8. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

What's the deal with Chicago style pizza? What exactly does that mean, anyway? :?

9. Indiana_Jay

Indiana_Jay Active Member

There might be a variety of definitions, but to me "Chicago style" refers to a very deep dish pie, smothered with cheese. In my opnion, the consumate example is the pie served by Geno's East on Superior Street near Michigan Avenue. They have a web site, but I don't remember if forum guidelines allow me to provide it here.

10. RIdancer82

RIdancer82 New Member

Now that I came across this thread, I am sooooo craving pizza! I knew I shouldn't have read this one, lol.
    ......mmmmm Sicilia's Stuffed Pizza....mmmmmm..... must resist temptation!! (and it certainly doesn't help the temptation that they're open till 2am!)

11. fascination

yep...deceptive b/c the crust isnt thick but it is a lasagne esque sort of pizza pie...yummers....also in this spirit is giordanos, eduardos, and pizzaria uno

12. fascination

i am terrified to even ask what that means

13. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Pizza is like sex. Even when it's bad, it's still pretty good.

14. fascination

we have had this talk, and disagree....

15. RIdancer82

RIdancer82 New Member

If you think sex is like pizza..... I hate to break it to you, but you must be doing something wrong, lol.:lol:

it's usually better than pizza.... much better...;)

16. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Nah!! You never can tempt me that bad. :p

17. RIdancer82

RIdancer82 New Member

Bet I could..... wait are we still talking about pizza here?;)

18. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Are we? I'm game for something else..

19. fascination

darling if you have to ask, I have already won:cool: ;)

20. RIdancer82

RIdancer82 New Member

;) Just because a question is asked doesn't mean that the answer isn't already known.... it's just all part of the flirting...