Tango Argentino > The rules of a practica

Discussion in 'Tango Argentino' started by Lois Donnay, Aug 3, 2015.

1. newbie

newbie Well-Known Member

Couldn't disagree more.
    He would have been a loser if, after being deliberately, loudly and publicly insulted by his follower, he had remained in your class.

2. dchester

dchester Moderator Staff Member

Different people have different opinions. As for me, I don't think either choice would define him as a loser, (nor do I understand why anyone would think it does).

[​IMG]

3. itwillhappen

itwillhappen Active Member

A bit ironic:
    A relevant part of the life partners will feel as a winner if they can cancel it at last.
    And even every loser wins the chance to take a hobby with which he feels better.

It's a very good approach if an instructor helps everybody to feel as comfortable as possible and see positive aspects.
    As a simple observer I definitely I see people where I think the have no real chance to dance well, not in this life.
    But at the end I don't know what their motivation is and what they are looking for.
    May be the stumbling beginner with a new lady in every repeated entry class likes just that...

4. Lilly_of_the_valley

Lilly_of_the_valley Well-Known Member

Taking a dance lesson for many is a step out of their comfort zone. Even when everyone around is super nice and supportive. We are not supposed to feel stellar at the start. Very often, it feels bad, and we suck at it. :) It is normal. Tell yourself that from the beginning, so it is out of the way. :) If you don't like it right away, just give it a little time.

Now, if your spouse does not treat you nice when you reluctantly came to a dance class at her request, it is a different topic entirely. :)

Mladenac likes this.
  5. Mladenac

Mladenac Well-Known Member

I noticed that tango is a life magnifier.

If relationship is good it will be better, and if is a bit rotten all garbage will come at the warp speed.

6. Lilly_of_the_valley

Lilly_of_the_valley Well-Known Member

Well, I don't know, it depends. I saw couples fighting and even splitting, but also ones that improved their relationship and got closer as a result of taking up partner dancing. Some even took it to the next level, got married, had kids, etc. It worked as a kinda couple therapy for them, I guess.