General Dance Discussion > The sexiest partner dance of all time

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by Pacion, Aug 14, 2004.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

well herein lies your whole problem with ballroom, IMO;)...when pro and I are waltzing or any of them except QS...I could die happy in that moment....which totally trumps/meshs with sexy for me...the two working together to create the feeling of space and flight, the use of our backs and the control together...hanging "do not disturb sign" right now.....I would give up sex to dance smooth and standard every day...without deliberation...um, and it isn't for it's own lack of merits in my mind and I mean to dance it with any reasonable male.....partner dancing requires such attention and devotion to the other (the hurdle I am currently overcoming thank you very much) that it is difficult to see how it couldn't be intensely intimate, and therefore if done with someone attractive and likeable, uh, fairly sensual...meh...maybe I am just in need of a cold shower...shrug

2. quixotedlm

quixotedlm New Member

or it's time to have that talk with dh. over a sensuous candlelight dinner, you could ask him, "what do you think of polyamory, dear? oh, can you pass me the salsa please?"

3. fascination

don't think that talk is gonna be happening anytime soon BUt I do have some plans for him shortly and that should suffice....nuff said

4. quixotedlm

quixotedlm New Member

I think we need an Adults Only forum. Of course, Fascination will be the Deity of the forum ;)

5. fascination

uh, I think not...or I will be a deity quickly fallen from grace....no, no, no, no

6. quixotedlm

quixotedlm New Member

Oh now, we will all pray at the Altar of the Blonde Busty Goddess ;). Our prayers will take the form of dancing - mostly grinding :p

If misswaltz came here, she'd know that everybody suffers discrimination :D

7. SlowDancer

SlowDancer New Member

Man, I really MUST have dyslexia...I've been reading this thread with great interest and thought it was the "sexiest dance partner of all time" thread.

For sexiest partner dance, I vote for either WCS, bolero, nightclub two step, or smooth waltz with my new pro.

8. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Lol! I thought the same thing when I first looked at it too! That would probably be a really good and fun thread to read though lol! We should make one up lol! :p

The sexiest dance to me would be the Rumba. I've had a few great Rumbas, but it has to be with someone that you enjoy dancing with. I'm not saying that you have to have feelings for them. But I can't enjoy the Rumba and have the right feelings for the dance if I don't enjoy dancing with the person I am with at the time. ;)

9. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

Actually it's the other way around: when Swing -- Lindy in particular -- exists, what's the point of Jive, which is but a pale imitation of Swing? For one thing, does Jive even swing? Everyone knows that it don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing.

On the thread's question, I do not know of any dance which is sexy. It depends on your partner and I have never had the chance to dance with that special someone. She divorced me with extreme prejudice before I could get to that point.
    [she's that hint of an ugly growth on my right side]

10. Shooshoo

Shooshoo New Member

Yes it does depend on the dancer, any dance can be sexy (except merengue).

11. meow

meow New Member

I think most dances can be sexy when they are danced beautifully. Having said that, I don't like it when the younger competitors (11 - 15 years say, Juvenile and Junior Open) are taught to 'look' sexy, as in revealing outfits or suggestive choreography.

12. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

I'm not sure if I agree with you about this. When I was young and danced, we were taught that choreography is just choreography. We really didn't dress and act that way all of the time nor even think about it at all. But in today's world I will say that, despite it be dance or what have you, young people will wear sexy outfits that I do think are inappropriate. Dance is not the only place where this happens. The thing that is different about dance is that you take your outfits off to wear something more comfortable when you are not on stage. You are not wearing those outfits daily (that I know of anyhow.)

I also think that Latin is very sexy, but Jazz and other dances (Ballet even, I did Ballet and Jazz when I was a kid) can be very sexy as well. You get a guy and a girl dancing Jazz and/or Ballet, and it's the same thing in my opinion. So to me, that would cut out dancing completely for kids if we were to judge it like that. Every dance in my opinion, has some sexiness to it. It doesn't matter if it's the revealing outfits or the choreography, that's just how dances can be. And you either like it or you don't I think, but then you have to decide if you want your kids dancing.

But as a kid dancer, I think that what dancing did for me was that it gave me confidence, and I got to get close to some others in my group as well. Plus, you get to learn how to work as a team. You learned other things like how to be polite towards others, and how to respect their position. Things like that. So, I'm grateful to have taken dance even though it wasn't that long. The teacher that I had stopped teaching. We didn't get a new teacher until the last couple years of high school. She was really good. I wished I had gotten back into it. But I had music at that point to focus on.

13. DancinAnne

DancinAnne New Member

Agreed. I haven't seen too many of the younger competitors looking overly sexy, but I do agree that it's not really appropriate. And they are certainly out there. It's like the little beauty queens that look like tiny adults. It's just not right. IMHO.

14. DancinAnne

DancinAnne New Member

I think west coast is one of the sexiest partner dances. It's so playful and a bit more flexible in it's expression. When 2 peeps really have a connection in this dance, they can really take it to another level. But then, I guess that can be said for all the partner dances.

15. fascination

ah beware the smooth waltz with a pro...beware beware beware

16. suburbaknght

suburbaknght Well-Known Member

It's not the dance itself but how it's done. Tango and salsa seem particularly sexy because it's easy to "sexy it up" - the right attitude just comes out when you do them. West coast, cha cha, and merengue leave a lot of room to flirt so one can put the sexy in oneself.

Of course what makes any of those dances sexy, what really comes out in the flirtation, is a strong connection to one's partner, feeling each other smooth and naturally. Consequently, I need to agree with SlowDancer and Fascination: nothing is sexier than a well-done waltz.

Historically, nothing was more scandalous.

17. DancinAnne

DancinAnne New Member

True, indeed!!

In July of 1816, the waltz was included in a ball given in London by the Prince Regent. A blistering editorial in The Times a few days later stated: “We remarked with pain that the indecent foreign dance called the Waltz was introduced (we believe for the first time) at the English court on Friday last ... it is quite sufficient to cast one’s eyes on the voluptuous intertwining of the limbs and close compressure on the bodies in their dance, to see that it is indeed far removed from the modest reserve which has hitherto been considered distinctive of English females. So long as this obscene display was confined to prostitutes and adulteresses, we did not think it deserving of notice; but now that it is attempted to be forced on the respectable classes of society by the civil examples of their superiors, we feel it a duty to warn every parent against exposing his daughter to so fatal a contagion."

18. fascination

why didn't someone warn me?......

then there is tango...

then bolero ...oy

19. DancinAnne

DancinAnne New Member

:raisebro:

20. and123

and123 Well-Known Member