General Dance Discussion > The sexiest partner dance of all time

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by Pacion, Aug 14, 2004.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

2. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

= not talking about my personal experiences w/Bolero [​IMG]

3. fascination

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh...head smacky emoticon...no comment on that

4. meow

meow New Member

When I refer to inappropriate costumes and choreography, I have seen some awful examples. Thirteen year old girls, some fairly well developed, wearing the most revealing outfits - it looks trashy not classy. And then they change into street clothes that are not that much better. And some chore, on younger ones, is obviously inappropriate, especially in say, the Rumba where chore can be very suggestive. For the younger kids, dance routines can be intricate without being overtly sexual.
    Dancing is great for the social development of kids. They learn to interact with people of all ages, cultures etc., and gain loads of confidence. They tend to mature more quickly than their peers who don't dance ( at least that is what I've seen in my experience). I just think that age appropriate chore and outfits would be better. I know some parents who think the more skin their little girl shows, the better - WRONG.

5. fascination

uh...are you on the correct thread?

6. SlowDancer

SlowDancer New Member

Now I'm rethinking this... I'm not sure "sexy" is the right word. New pro is very attractive and height-appropriate, which is wonderful after trying to dance smooth with a shorter pro. Plus he's a wonderful dancer and teacher. But I can honestly say I feel no attraction to him, at least not that kind. He's nearly 20 years younger and even the idea of...well, you know...seems faintly ridiculous.

Nope, not going there.:nope:

7. fascination

well...let me just say this...when I started dancing with pro....and he knows this so it's okay...I thought he would be a really safe bet b/c he was in his mid forties and unmarried and so I figured there was a fair enough chance that his preferences weren't compatible with mine...then, he wore his hair all slicked back and these huge shirts and these shoes that I thought were goofy...and I didn't find him the LEAST bit attractive....beware the smooth waltz...beware beware beware...all I'm gonna say...that, and the first time I saw him in a latin shirt, I felt utterly decieved ...you have been warned

8. fascination

beyond that though...while sexy isn't the word I would use either, intimate is...the waltz is romantic....IMO, if you are going to emote at all some part of your soul is going to be a window for the person looking at you...IMO, it cannot be helped....and that is fine...one can be in love with the dance

9. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Yeah I understand. And after thinking about it for bit today, I realized that I first had a problem with it when I saw high school kids dancing Latin at my last studio, but then I was like, I was a kid dancer. And when I saw them dance (and when I danced with them), they looked so happy just to be dancing. I don't think they really focused on anything else. Maybe they were like this guy is cute or whatever, but they really got into the dancing. That's what is so great about it all though. So, I guess to me it doesn't matter after seeing them dance, and having danced with them. BUT I can definitely see your point. ;)

I'm not sure if I was supposed to respond to that, but I'll try to get back on topic by saying that I also think the Tango can be a very sexy dance! I just love the Tango! ;)

10. SlowDancer

SlowDancer New Member

I completely understand where you're coming from...pro is very handsome, tall, slim, chiseled features, and I certainly COULD get...umm...enamored, if I let myself...especially when waltzing. We are a perfect match physically, I really like him, and I'm learning so much from him...but he is young, newly and happily married, and I'm (mostly) happily married...and life is complicated enough without intentionally making it more complicated.

The bottom line is, I'm a middle-aged lady who has already reached her lifetime quota of mistakes in matters of the heart. So, I'm just not going there!

:nope: :nope: :nope:

11. chandra

chandra New Member

AT to watch

IMO, I dont find WCS a sexual dance. AMAZING, floorgasmic, incredible high, euphoria, but not really sexy, 90% of the time!

But maybe thats cause of my age, and the age of the guys I ussually dance with. *cant wait to see my boys this weekend!*

12. chandra

chandra New Member

oh, ohohohohohohooh, as for my opinion, a guy and a girl doing jazz or contemp. is the sexiest!!!!!

13. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Yeah, I feel the same way about WCS. I don't find any of the Swing dances sexy though. And actually, to me, WCS is probably one of the most conservative dances in regards to clothing, and not really being into each other so to speak if I am saying that right.

14. fascination

I think finding someone else attractive or feeling enamored is rarely intentional...and I couldn't agree more...I am pretty happily married too...nonetheless...warnings remain;)

15. SlowDancer

SlowDancer New Member

You're right, it's not intentional...but I do have control over where I go with my feelings. I've found that it's just best to...don't know any other way to express it...just not "go there."

Of course, the next time I see him and we start working on waltz, I will be painfully, hypersensitive to his looks, his touch, his smell, the feeling of melding with him and with the music...

And it will be all your fault, Fasc!:raisebro:

16. DancinAnne

DancinAnne New Member

Clothing is a small part of what makes a dance sexy. And as far as wcs being sexy... well, I guess it just depends on who you dance with! I find it very sexy! And if you've ever competed, you'd know that being 'into each other'... the connection... in wcs, and probably in any dance, is an important element to the judges. In fact, I'd say it's the core of the wcs.

17. SlowDancer

SlowDancer New Member

I wholeheartedly agree.

18. suburbaknght

suburbaknght Well-Known Member

I think it comes down to what you personally find sexy. Sexy can be revealing a lot of skin (samba), wild hip motion (salsa, cha cha), or intertwining limbs (tango). For me sexy is feeling a close connection with my partner, reading each others' bodies, and moving as one. I get that in west coast swing and waltz.

19. SlowDancer

SlowDancer New Member

Suburbaknght, you're my kinda guy.

20. suburbaknght

suburbaknght Well-Known Member

Thanks, SlowDancer! Let me know if you're ever on the east coast; age aside, I think we have similar ideas about dance and owe ourselves a turn or two on the floor.