The Shopping / Buying Thread !!!

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by Ray Sison, May 21, 2010.

1. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

What have you bought recently? It's fun, buying cool stuff. Contributing to the economy, too! *lol*

At the college bookstore last week, I picked up this fabulous, newly-published hardcover book called Clint: A Retrospective. Amazon.com calls it a "lavish tribute to [Clint] Eastwood’s singular career"...

It encompasses Clint Eastwood's entire career as both actor and director, including last year's fine Invictus.

And it has lots and lots of pictures--about 300!!!

:bouncy:

P.S. I hear Best Buy calling!
  2. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

Horror/Musical films
    Music CDs (those round things people have forgotton about!)
  3. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

To the Amazing Flash...

CDs??? Yeah, Amazing Flash--one of the hallmarks of the 2000's was how music became much more portable. In fact, some people think that the whole idea of an "album" might be over--as there is much more emphasis on buying individual songs ("singles") right now over the Internet, per your whim or desire...

:)
  4. DancinProf

DancinProf Member

+ Album by Bajofondo (but I bought it on MP3, further to the point about the disappearance of physical media!)
    + Netflix membership for off-season Mad Men binges
    + Litterbox and toys for our new kitten :kitty:
  5. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

To DancinProf

DancinProf, Mad Men is a great reason (among many) for having a Netflix account! I put my membership to good use...

And gotta take care of the kitty!

6. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

this thread is virtually useless for me as my only purchases in life are food, gasoline, occasional clothing, dance lessons, gowns, and comps....I mean every once in a while a major appliance will break, but I just don't shop...all of my money flows into one particular thing....hence there isn't any left for other stuff
  7. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

I just bought a cup of coffee from the vending machine. Certainly not the best cup I've ever had, but it hit the spot!

And I just bought our tickets to see the new movie MacGruber...
  8. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Hdtv?

I'll be looking into getting my very first HDTV. If anyone out there in DF-land has any tips and/or advice, I'd appreciate any. For instance, what brand do you have, and do you like it?

9. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

Talking of HDTV I'll be buying a Bluray player next month... my first steps into HD... :D

The folks have a Sony Bravia LCD and they love that... :)
  10. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

To the Amazing Flash...

Flash, me too, as far as Blu-ray goes!
  11. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

hmmmm, Sesame Street Imagine 1-2-3 tickets and watching grandson eyes getting bigger and bigger every time the stage filled with the characters. Yet it was the balloon purchase at the end of the show that topped off the entire production!!! Go figure. hahahahaha
  12. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

I've been looking at the Sony S360 Multiregion player. Can't believe how cheap they are now. I remember Blu-ray players costing $$$ a year or so ago!
  13. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

To the Wonderful 3Wishes and the Amazing Flash...

3wishes, thanks for making me smile and smile and smile!

Thanks for sharing that about your grandson! As the AMEX commercial says, "Priceless..."

Flash, thanks!
  14. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Groceries!

Groceries I picked up yesterday: peanut butter, a loaf of whole wheat bread, and a bottle of Pinot Grigio from Southeastern Australia...

15. gracie

gracie Active Member

Ferret goodies, treats and vitamins. There was a darling baby conure parrot at the store and I almost bought him!
  16. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

To Gracie

Gracie, bless your heart!

- Ray :)
  17. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Active Member

buying new dance shoes today. retiring first pair. *sniffle*
  18. Subliminal

Subliminal Well-Known Member

I bought Red Dead Redemption yesterday. Fantastic game so far.
  19. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

To Wonderwoman and Subliminal...

Wonderwoman, yeah, such dance memories! Myself, I am about due for a new pair of dance shoes myself, all my current pairs pretty worn down (at best!)...

Subliminal, sounds cool. I'm not current with the games, but I heard good things about that one. It's set in the Wild West, right? After the movies last evening, we popped into the nearby game place (that has lots of arcade games, billiards, bowling, and more). I played Terminator: Salvation and Ocean Hunter for the first time. And a little Guitar Hero...

20. Subliminal

Subliminal Well-Known Member

Yeah, RDR is a kind of Wild West open world adventure game. Very fun, it has incredible depth. So far I'm taking the hero route, trying to make my character atone for his past misdeeds. Though a few times I've "accidentally" shot a villain to death instead of capturing them. *whistles innocently*

Wow, I haven't been to an arcade in ages. They still exist? ;) Guitar Hero is great. I think I like Rock Band more though. I will actually sing if people are playing Rock Band. Heh.